Chapter 10

Bubbles and Brick were indeed by the pound. Bubbles had rushed after him right after she had trapped his brother in a bubble. Brick was a bit surprised that the sweet Bubbles were the one to chase after him, and he wondered where the pink puff where, but he had to stay focused.  

Just as he stopped by the pound and turned to search for his follower, he stumbled and fell into the pond. By swimming up he quickly resurfaced, but Bubbles were standing right above him pointing her wand at him. "Stay still Brick." She said, and Brick obeyed. He wasn't stupid enough to try something, even if it was the sweet and cuddly Powerpuff that would never hurt anything. He just shook his head to get rid of some of the water. 

"Bubbles!" He heard Blossom call, and soon he saw his counterpart come out of a bush, heading for them. Bubbles smiled. "Hey Blossom. Where were you?" The pink puff held up the three syringes and smiled. "I thought we could use them to test the serum. And get some answers." Brick looked at the syringes and flinched. Blossom glanced at him. "What's wrong Brick?" He didn't answer, and Blossom shrugged. 

Just then Buttercup came over to them. She had an unconscious Boomer over her shoulder, and she was kicking the bubble that contained her counterpart. Butch groaned with every kick. "Hey! Would you knock it off!" He shouted, waking his brother. Boomer looked around disorientated. 

"What happened? The last thing I remember is a green demon killing me. Am I in heaven? Why is Butch is heaven?" He looked around and glanced at his captor. "Shut it Blue." Buttercup hissed and tossed him into the pond to his oldest brother. "Bubbles," Blossom said. "Let Butch go." Bubbles nodded before twirling her wand and popping the bubble with a loud popping noise. 

Butch splashed down in the pond and Buttercup laughed at him. Blossom sighed. "Alright. Now that you boys are gathered, let's begin." She gave Bubbles and Buttercup one syringe each before she pointed the tip of her own at Brick. 

"This is a truth serum developed by the professor. It has never been tested, so you guys will be the first to try it. Ready?" Brick flinched and tried backing away from the needle, but Blossom grabbed his foot with her jo-jo. "Don't run away. It's just a needle." And with that, her gloved hand reached out and grabbed for him. 

Blossom rolled up the sleeve of his jacket and injected the serum. She saw Bubbles and Buttercup do the same. Her pink eyes turned to Brick, and she looked into his red eyes. They were closed shut, and his breathing was shallow. Blossom got a confused look as she looked at Butch and Boomer. They were not in any sort of pain. 

She pulled the needle out of her counterpart and stepped back one step. Brick relaxed and breathed out. "Wait," Blossom said and looked at the syringe. "Are you afraid of needles?" Brick didn't answer, and Blossom took that as a yes. "How adorable. The big scary leader of the rowdy ruff boys is afraid of a tiny little needle." Brick looked down. 

"None of your business, you old hag." Blossom smirked. "Oh but it is. Tell me. Are you afraid of needles?" Brick had his mouth closed, but he felt the serum in his body fighting back. "Y-ye-yes." He said after struggling to keep his mouth closed. Blossom smiled. "Good. The serum is working. How are you doing girls?" 

Bubbles clapped her hands. "Boomer is so open to me. He's told me about how he actually loves his brothers, even though they mess with him." Boomer blushed. "Hey! Don't tell them that." Butch has his hands clasped over his mouth, trying to keep his voice from coming out. "Come on Butch. Tell me, why did you try out for the soccer team?" 

Buttercup had a crazy smile on her face, and you could almost see the devil-horns. He tried, but Buttercup grew tired of him keeping silence, and used force to get his hands off his mouth. "I-I joined the team because Brick told me to go. We asked a bunch of guys if there were girls in the school that were like you. And that lead me to the soccer field." 

Blossom raised an eyebrow. "Brick. Why did you tell Butch to go to the soccer field to look for a girl similar to Buttercup?" Brick tried, but he quickly gave up and just slumbered down in the pond. "Because we wanted to know you in the school. I thought that if we could get you girls when you didn't have your powers, that we could overpower you."

Bubbles coed her head to the side. "And? Do you know who we are?" Boomer sighed. "No, and quite frankly, I don't want to find out any more. I want to get to know Miyako and her friends." Bubbles giggled. "Really? Why?" Boomer blushed a bright red. "Because I like her, and she is sweet and kind towards me." 

Butch and Brick groaned. "Fine," Butch said. "I don't want to either. I actually want to give the soccer team a try. And get the attention of Kaoru. I know I can win her over." Blossom snorted. "Good luck with that." Brick sighed. "You guys are idiots. I don't care that my brothers gave up on out plans. I will do it myself. Because I feel nothing for Momoko what so ever, and I am pretty sure that you, Blossom, is her. I just need proof."

Blossom sighed. "That's okay. But I am not Momoko." Buttercup nodded. "Yeah. Momoko is too annoying. And all she eats is sweet. I don't know her personally, but I have seen her in the school. No way in hell would I get close to a cheerleader." Blossom gave her a look but nodded. "Yeah. I heard that she is actually a bit air-headed." 

Buttercup laughed hard on the inside. Bubbles giggled. "But Brick. Why did you mention Momoko? Do you feel something for her?" Brick got a shocked look on his face, and Blossom nodded. "Bubbles is right. You said that you didn't feel anything for Momoko, but we never mentioned her." Brick blushed. "I don't care about her." Buttercup opened her mouth. "And I just reacted when she feel on cheer practice okay? I didn't want to catch her, but my legs moved on its own." 

Bubbles didn't believe it, but she kept quiet. "Fine. But we have to go now guys." Blossom nodded and roped in her jojo. "Bubbles is right. Now, can I count on you guys to keep out of trouble?" Buth got up and pressed some water out of his jacket. "Sure. We won't do much. Just go across the road and rob that candy store."

Brick face-palmed and grabbed the smallest brother. "We won't do any of that. We actually have to wait for someone." And with that, he dragged Boomer away, Butch following and listening to Brick rant about how truth serums 'sucked'. Buttercup smirked. Blossom opened her compact and contacted the professor. She also looked at the clock. "Girls? When were we suppose to meet the guys again?"

Bubbles thought about it. "Around five, why?" Blossom turned her compact. "Because it's half-past five now! Brick is already on to me, and if we are late, he will definitely guess that Momoko is Blossom and that Blossom is Momoko!" Buttercup sighed as they jumped in the air and raced the nearest alleyway. "Sometimes she just doesn't make sense to me." Bubbles nodded.