I NEED A NAP

SAM

Seeing the sad look on our girl's face melt away as she decided to give the proverbial finger to those old cronies, one I did give them with my arms wrapped around her back as I gave them the stink-eye from over her head. How dare they make her doubt herself or me and my brothers? One of the old bats huffs at my rude actions, but I couldn't care less. Baby Girl is right where she belongs, in mine and my brothers' arms. I rub a hand up and down her back reassuringly. When she finally pulls back and lands her gaze to my face, it takes my breath away, much like it's been gone all day.

As she ran around the zoo, from one exhibit to the next, without a care in the world, the pure joy on her face was truly breathtaking. This entire day has been amazing, but seeing everything through her animal loving eyes was spectacular.

We decide to finish our trip through the zoo, and I'm going to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't fall back into despair. She wants to take the tram to Africa, so we get in line to wait for it. It doesn't take long before it's rumbling toward us and parks. The people on it disembarked, and we all climb on. Me sitting with Dane, while she and Leo s

it right behind us. We chatter softly as the tram chugs along, taking us toward Africa.

Once the tram stops and parks, we get off. Jess immediately takes off, and Dane gives me a look as if to say 'Here we go again', and all I can do is chuckle at her exuberance.

LEO

I'm yanked to my feet the second the tram parks. Bear is dragging me behind her, heading straight for the air tram. I know I've got the goofiest grin on my face, but I don't care. I'd give anything to keep that smile on her face.

"Will you ride with me?" The innocent question has my dick jumping in my pants at the thought of her riding something else. I clear my thoughts quickly. I don't need her to know how much of a horn dog I am.

"I'd love to." I reply as my brothers finally catch up.

"Go ahead." Dane says, with a chin tilt. "We'll meet you on the other side." With that, him and Sam take off on the path that will lead them past the exhibits we are going to be flying over.

She and I move to get on what is essentially a ski lift, plopping our butts down as it moves behind us, scooping us up. the attendant quickly latching the bar across our laps. We slowly move upward, teh lift taking us over what is essentially a man made Serengeti. From this height we can see most of the animal exhibits. Zebras, rhinos, giraffes, antelope, lions, and cheetahs. They are all in their own enclosures, but the barriers keeping each animal in its own, are cleverly hidden so it looks wide open.

Jess's eyes are darting everywhere, and it's so damn cute. When her face swings back my way, I lean down and capture her lips in a gentle kiss. I pull back for more quickly than I wanted to, but the zoo is a family place, and the last thing that needed to happen is a bunch of kids staring at two strangers sucking face.

"What was that for?" She asks me, a finger moving to her lips.

"Because I wanted to." I say with a shrug and put an arm around her shoulder, drawing her close. We're nearing where we'll be getting off, I give her a little squeeze and place a chaste kiss to her temple. She sighs and snuggles in for a second before we have to jump off, which we do as soon as the attendant releases the bar. I grab her hand and we walk to the chimp house.

"I hope baby Milo is out today." She exclaims as she rushes us to the doors. It's cool inside the little building and we walk to the large window flanking the entire wall where we can look out at the chimpanzees. She sits down on the ledge of the window and looks out at the animals, a look of pure joy on her face, and I feel a smile creep up on me. I'm so done over this girl.