SLEEPOVER

SAMUEL

I knew the second she was out. Her entire body relaxed, and she melted into me.

I absently rub my hands over Baby Girl's exposed skin as I think back to when my phone started buzzing. My hands barely able to hold onto it as it shocked me over and over. The panic that flushed through my body as I called her to see what was wrong. I just took one look at Dane as I was talking to her, as I grabbed my coat and keys, and he nodded his head once. He'll look after the prophet while I took care of our girl.

As I raced to her house, my mind was all over the place. Is she hurt? What am I going to do if something happens to her? This thing is so brand new, but I know down to my soul that she's the one for me.

My mind doesn't want to think about what every sign is telling me. I don't want to send her into the lion's den alone. The guys and I have to come up with some other solution. There's always another way. We'll think of something.

She adjusts herself in her sleep, and I groan internally. This might be the hardest thing I've ever done. Hold my girl platonically. She doesn't need that kind of reaction from me right now. She just went through something horrific. I glance down at her neck, and the red marks are mostly gone. The rage I felt when I saw them the first time, courses through me again, and I tighten my hold on her just a little.

I don't know how long I sit like this with her, my mind wandering, before my eyes start to droop. I move slowly, lying down on the couch and maneuvering her so she's lying on top of me. I grab a fluffy throw blanket at the end of the couch and cover her as best I can without disturbing her rest. I put one arm behind my head, while the other is holding on to her, and close my eyes. It doesn't take long for the sandman to claim me.

DANE

The prophet has been working for hours, tirelessly, to try to translate this tablet. We've offered him food, which he has denied. We've offered him drink, to which he replied, "Got any scotch?" We didn't but I text Leo to pick some up on his way. He has drank the entire fifth that Leo brought, and we've made two more trips to the liquor store. How this man is still conscious, I will never know, but, hey, whatever works for him.

He described looking at the tablet was like looking through someone else's glasses, and that the alcohol helped make everything clearer. I just took it at face value and let him do his thing.

Cas has popped in and out, checking to see how the prophet is doing, while also checking in on Sam and Snow. He says they are sleeping now, which I'm relieved to hear. From the look on Sam's face when he was leaving, I was really worried something really bad had happened. Cas assured me that she is okay.

I'm on the couch in the living room, absentmindedly watching sports highlights. The Royals didn't do so great this year. The entire city had been hoping after our World Series win a couple of years ago, that we could ride it out and win a couple of more times. I hope with the staffing changes, we can get back on top.

I'm brought out of my wanderings by Cas.

"I think he's found something." He tells me in his signature gravelly voice. I just want to clear my throat listening to him talk most of the time.

I move to get up and walk to the kitchen table, where he has been working.

"Whatcha got?" I ask.

He points to a spot of the tablet, as if I could actually read it. While the tablet is written in Enochian, only a prophet, God or the scribe, Metatron, can actually read it.

"This right here. It's a prophecy. Right on the tablet." He's talking fast in his excitement. "Heart on sleeve... white way... three protectors..."