ANOTHER TRAGEDY

A/N: Small smut warning.  

Jessica

"Oh god, yes, just like that," I say, holding his head so he can't move. No way I want that talented tongue doing anything other than what it's currently doing. My back arches when he sucks my clit into his mouth. I'm about to explode, then nothing.

Wait. What? Where did he go? I sit up in the bed and look around. He's nowhere to be seen. It's like he just disappeared. I get up and pad to the bathroom, switching on the light. Nope. Not here. I make my way back into the bedroom, walking into the hallway toward the kitchen. When I round the corner, I'm stopped dead in my tracks.

What I see has me gasping for breath in fear. All thoughts flee my brain, and my throat is suddenly dry. That face. I know that face, those unnatural red shadows, those red eyes. She has Memaw pressed up against the front of her, one clawed hand wrapped around Memaw's throat, choking her.

I have no idea what to do, but I know I need to do something without provoking her into harming Memaw. I hold my hands out, like I'm calming an animal, and take a tentative step forward, never taking my eyes off hers.

I clear my throat. "Please," I croak out, and clear my throat again, swallowing some spit, hoping it will help lubricate my throat. "Please," my voice is a little stronger. "Please don't hurt her," I give her a pleading look, "she's all I have. I can't lose her." Tears start falling from my eyes, unbidden by me. She tightens her hold around Memaw's throat, causing Memaw's face to start to turn red from lack of oxygen.

I start panicking. I hold me hands out again, pleading with my eyes. "Please don't do this.. Please." I'm inching my way toward them, when she twists her hand, snapping Memaw's neck, letting her drop lifelessly to the ground, and disappears.

I scream as I run over to Memaw, picking her head up to lay in my lap. "No! Memaw, nooooo!"

I draw in a desperate breath as I sit up in bed and look around for my phone. She has to be okay. She has to be. I can't lose my rock. I dial Memaw's number, uncaring about what time it might be.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Come on!

*ring* *ring* *ring*

"Hello?" I hear her beautiful, tired voice say.

"Oh, thank god!" I'm practically sobbing. My dream felt so real, the loss of her so deep I don't think I will ever be able to claw my way out.

"Jessie? Baby? What's wrong? Are you okay?

"Oh, god, Memaw," I say in between sobs, "I had a nightmare so real. She had had you by the throat and snapped your neck." I crying uncontrollably at this point, it takes me a few minutes for her words to get through.

"Jessica Anne Matthews!" This finally gets through to me. My full name is reserved for the IRS and my mother. I shudder even thinking about her. I take a couple of deep breaths to get my crying under control enough to at least talk. "Are you listening now?"

"Yes," I hiccough.

"It was a dream?"

"No, Memaw. It was a nightmare. And not the first one I've had recently, but this one was so real. She was this real, beautiful woman, but there was red on her face instead of normal shadows. Her eyes and hair were red, too." I go on to explain my dream, obviously leaving the first part out.

"Okay, Jessie, okay. When did you start having nightmares? Is it always the same?"

"About a week ago. It's not always the same scenario, but they always have her in them, and they seem to revolve around causing me fear. I had one where a swarm of butterflies was after me, after she waved her hand and sent them my way. There was one where I was in a car accident, and couldn't get my seat belt undone before the car blew up, as I saw her watching my struggle."