New Introduction

A/N: My Leo ^^^

Leonidas:

"Yes, sir. We'll look into it," I hear Dane say as he walks into the room, hanging up on whoever he was talking to.

"What's up?" I ask him as I take a sip of my beer.

"That was Mr. Collins. They have a case for us, but I want to wait for Sam to come back before we discuss it." I nod my head in assent. He is liaison for a reason. I'll wait.

He grabs a beer and plops down on the couch next to me, propping his feet up on the coffee table. We sit in companionable silence, watching the game and sipping our beers as we wait for Sam to come back with our lunch.

About thirty minutes later, the door opens up and Sam walks in carrying two take-out bags. The apartment immediately fills with the smell of our Chinese food. Dane and I get up and follow him to the small eating area. Sam sets up the food while we grab plates, silverware and drinks.

After we get settled and start eating, I look over at Dane, catching his eye. He finishes chewing his bite and clears his throat, grabbing Sam's attention. His dark eyes glance at me before turning to Dane.

"While you were gone I got a phone call from Mr. Collins. Seems like we have a case."

"Where are we going this time?" Sam asks in his deep voice. I know what he's asking. We haven't been back home for awhile and it was nice.

"Nowhere."

"What do you mean? 'Nowhere?'" I ask.

"The case is local. They had apparently been receiving demonic omens in the area for the last couple of weeks and wanted to see if they could figure it out from the bunker, but they weren't able to. They need some ground work done, so we will be interviewing witnesses. There have been four cases. Three of the victims' hearts just stopped. No sign of a heart attack. The fourth one ran in front of a bus."

"What makes that one supernatural?"

"It was more the witness statements than anything else. They said he was screaming and waving his arms around like something was after him."

"Sounds like typical crack-head behavior to me."

"Well, the council wants us to look into it with the other ones, so we're going to do that."

"Alright, what's the plan?

"You will go to the morgue and take a look at the bodies to see if there was something not listed on the coroner's report. Sam and I will talk to the victims' families of the heart stoppers and after you're finished at the morgue, you will go talk to," he looks down at the paper in his hand, "a Jessica Matthews. We will use the Peters, Stevens, and Irons badges for this case. Let's finish up eating and then go get ready."

After we finish eating and cleaning up after ourselves, we take turns taking a shower, and get into our "FBI" suits. I, especially, need to make sure my arms are covered. While we know tattoos are more acceptable these days, they make it easier to identify me, and since I'm already a big guy, the less to make me stand out, the better. I check myself over in the full length mirror on the back of my bedroom door. I have the radio on in the background, tuned to the local rock station. The Sound of Silence by Disturbed comes on and I turn to crank the volume. I love Simon and Garfunkel's  version, but there's just something about the way David Draiman sings it, just seeps into the soul. I sing along as I finish my preparations.

Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping