GUYS AND GIRLS

^^^ That's my Dane. Just substitute brown eyes for those baby blues.

Dane

Leo, Sam and I ride back to our apartment in silence, each of us in our own thoughts. Sam pulls the Jeep into the assigned parking space, and we climb out, and as we make our way inside Leo speaks.

"Hey, Sam, do you think that..."

Whatever he was going to say, was cut off by Sam, "Not now, Leo."

"Fine. But we are going to talk about it. He needs to know." What the hell?

"Agreed."

"What the hell are you two talking about?"

"Later," Leo tells me, his look a little apprehensive.

Sam unlocks and opens the apartment door, his eyes scanning everything as he walks through the entrance, even though this is our home. He was always the best in our situational awareness training, and he can't turn it off, being protective by nature. I go straight for the recliner and plop myself down, pulling the lever for it to recline and the foot rest to pop up. I cross my legs at my ankles, and put my hands behind my head.

"We need to do that again. We never get to go out and unwind," I tell my brothers. And they are my brothers. We might not share DNA, but family is a choice, and we chose each other.

"That's because there's always a case that has us running around the country. We're never home long enough to unwind with a night out," Leo says as he rubs a hand over his face, and lets out a sigh. "And we still need to plan to head out to the bunker so we can report to the Council about our last three cases."

"We can wait a few days. I'm not up for a four hour drive right now," I complain. And I'm not. We just got back from a vengeful ghost case, and a werewolf case before that, and endless other cases before that. Right now, all I want to do is think about a pair of light green eyes. Eyes so light, they're almost clear. I forget about my brothers as I lose myself in my daydream. I smile remembering the indignant look on her face when I called her Snow, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look as pure as the nickname I gave her with her black, pixie cut hair and fair complexion. She didn't wear much make-up, so when she and her friend finished their routine, her cheeks were flushed pink. Damn, she was hot tossing those bottles around.

"Yo! D! Where'd you go," Sam asks in his deep voice, snapping his fingers in my face. I shrug my shoulders and mumble out a response.

"What did you say?"

"I said I was thinking about Snow."

Sam and Leo look at each other, and for the first time since we learned to silently speak to each other, I have no idea what they're saying.

"What was that?"

Leo clears his throat, "So remember that case we had in Lawrence last year? You were at the morgue, and Sam and I went to talk to Miss Moseley? Well, she claimed to be a psychic, so Sam and I just blew off what she told us."

"What did she say?" I'm looking at him like he's lost his mind.

Sam looks at Leo warily.

Leo clears his throat again. "Well, after we questioned her, and we were leaving, she stopped us," he looks nervously at Sam.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously guys? What did she say?" This is getting ridiculous. These two never have a problem saying what's on their minds. I see Sam suck in a breath and turn his dark eyes to me. Sam doesn't speak much, some would label him the strong silent type, so when he speaks, I listen.