THE PROPHET

DANE

"Hello Dane." I hear a familiar, gravelly voice say behind me, and I jump.

"Cas! Don't do that! You scared the shit out of me." I look at him and realize he isn't alone. There's an older gentleman, that I can only describe as looking like Colonel Sanders standing next to him with a bewildered look on his face. "Who is this?" I point to the new person.

"The prophet you asked for." He replies, a confused look on his face.

Well, okay then.

"Thanks, Cas. I appreciate it, but we're in the middle of a mission at the moment. Can you take him to our apartment? We should be done in a couple of hours."

"What is going on here? This guy just shows up, puts a hand on me, and all of a sudden I'm here. I don't know what's happening." His white, bushy eyebrows are nearly touching his hairline. I feel for the guy. Cas is a man, or angel, of few words.

"Cas, can you please take him to our apartment and explain to him what's going on? We really need to finish this up." Sam comes around the corner, sees Cas and the new guy, and just raises a single eyebrow. I just shrug my shoulders.

"No.. nobody is taking me anywhere until I know what's going on." New guy says, still obviously freaked out.

"Can we just take care of this nest before we delve into all of that?" I'm getting really irritated. As much as I appreciate Cas for everything he does for us, his timing leaves much to be desired. I swing my hatchet in a circle.

"Fine." Cas says, and him and New Guy disappear.

"You ready, Sam?" With a short nod of his head, he kicks the door of the room in.

We rush inside, and there are four vampires. I look around, and there are four vampires, all of which snap their eyes to us. One growls and immediately approaches.

"Hunter. What are you doing here?"

"We've heard that you've gone off your vegetarian diet, and are feeding from humans again."

"Lies!" He hisses. "I don't know where you heard that, but someone is feeding you stories." He says, hands in the air, in mock surrender.

"My information is solid, Murdock. Your eyes are a dead giveaway. You're back on human blood." He sighs and closes his eyes. Opening them back up again, there's the tell tale red color that indicates human feeding.

"Fine. You caught us. What are you going to do about it? There's only two of you here. You and Sam can't take the four of us by yourselves." He says, nodding his head toward Sam.

He starts a slow stalk toward me, and I hold up my hatchet, gripping it with both hands for better leverage.

"Now there are three." I hear Cas's voice from beside me.

"Who's the new guy?" Murdock asks, the other vampires are now approaching, as well.

I glance back at Sam, and he nods his head. I look at Cas, and he has a determined look on his face.

"You're about to find out."

I move forward, and Murdock lunges at me. I swing my hatchet, aiming for his neck. He manages to block it, and swings a punch at my face, but I duck, and he keeps going with his momentum and falls to the ground. I reach in my jacket pocket and pull out the syringe of cadaver blood and stab it into Murdock's back, depressing the plunger. He lets out a scream and reaches behind him in an attempt to pull the needle out, but I stabbed him in a place he can't reach. Not that it matters, the cadaver blood is already working through his system, weakening him as he struggles. I stand over him and swing my hatchet down, cleanly severing his head from his body.