Chapter 22: Clandestine

A/N: For the first time in forever, two chapters in a week.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Bye!" I hollered to the small dot representing Vernon trotting down the street. It raised its hand to show that it had heard me.

I turned to Mark lounging casually behind the steering wheel.

"Thanks. I had a lot of fun today. I needed that!"

He responded with a smile, and leaned forward to wrap his lanky arms around me. His embraces were usually long, but this time, he jerked back, an unnerved expression etched on his face.

"The fuck..." he muttered.

"What?"

He looked at me, perturbed. "That guy is spying on us."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I turned to stare behind me.

"There's no one there."

"Not there! Look above. In your bedroom window."

I gazed up, squinting my eyes, and gulped at what I saw.

Yoongi was staring down at us from the window sill with an incomprehensible countenance on his pale, illuminated face. A moment later, he disappeared inside. I peered at Mark from under my eyelashes, embarrassed. He raised a questioning eyebrow at me, and I shrugged.

"Well, I'll go then. Thanks, again."

I offered him a smile and stepped out of the sleek black car that belonged to Mark himself, jogging up to my room.

Opening the door, I walked inside and threw my bag on my bed, heaving down myself and closed my eyes wearily. I had almost slipped into unconsciousness when I felt a pair of eyes attached to me, burning holes in my face. I cracked mine open and set them on Yoongi, propped up on the edge of his bed, gaping at me.

I shifted uncomfortably and sat up.

"What?"

He slowly blinked, and seemed to drown in his own sea of thoughts.

"Nothing..." He mumbled.

I dangled my legs off the corner of my bed and faced him.

"Look, I'm sorry," I said, interested in my shoes. "I...completely forgot about you." I quickly realized how blunt it sounded, and internally winced.

Yoongi curled his lips and nodded. His daunting eyes locked with my culpable ones.

"Can I- can I ask you something?"

I licked my lips and nodded.

"Go ahead."

"What happened between you and that man in the photo frame?"

Not at all foreseeing his unpredicted question, I did a double take.

"What?" I asked incredulously.

"What happened between you and him that you're so sensitive about it?" He repeated expectantly.

My mouth opened and closed as I drank in his inquiry.

"I-I..."

I stared at him unblinkingly.

"I'd tell you but, I don't want you to hate me..." I whispered dejectedly, lowering my gaze.

Yoongi's glittering eyes softened, and he leaned in towards me.

"I can never hate you, Yuna. After all you've done for me? I can't even repay you, much less hate you." He crooned.

A whimper escaped my tightly clasped lips. I didn't want to tell him. He would never be able to look at me the same way as before.

"Promise me you won't change the way you look at me after I tell you."

He reached out towards my hands and put his lightly on top.

"I promise."

I didn't find it difficult to spill everything out that I hadn't told anyone. Not even my best friend. To a complete stranger who had just entered my life and forced his way through.

*One Year Ago*

A girl pushed her way past strangers, almost toppling over an intimate couple. All the while, she kept muttering incoherent words to herself that no one couldn't care less about.

"Again. What did I do? What have I ever done to him?"

Her trembling hand jerked up to furiously wipe her watery eyes as she sniffed and whimpered.

She slumped down on a chair, and ordered for a liquor. The bar man smirked, eyeing her up and down and nodded. And just like that, she tipped back one glass after another, the strong, acidic liquid burning her throat, setting her insides on fire, but she didn't care. She gulped it all down, and finally stood up on her vigorously quivering legs, stabling herself for a moment with the table.

She walked forward, swaying on her feet, through the crowd of perspiring teenagers grinding against each another. Her quaking legs carried her up the staircase. She bumped hard into someone's back and almost got sweeped off of her feet, but a hand caught her in time. A gasp flew out of her mouth, and she looked up at her saviour.

He had an equally astounded look on his face as he gaped down at her.

"What are you doing here?"

The shock on her face quickly transformed into enthusiasm, and she drowsily wrapped her hands around him in a loose hug. She swayed both of them together, the liquor flooding her senses and taking control of her brain.

She giggled, then stood on her tip toes and smashed her lips on the man's. His hands detached from her in surprise, as he did not see that coming. His eyes were wide open as the girl kissed him fiercely. It didn't take him long to respond with just as much eagerness and thirst, and it soon turned into something else.

He carried her to the room, and she found herself unable to control herself. She clawed at him, roaming her hands all over his body. He tried to hold back, but found himself lost in her passion. One thing led to another, and they were in no time would around each other, moving. In all their hurry, they had forgotten to properly close the door, and it creaked open, giving a snippet of the scene to anyone who passed by. It didn't matter much, for every room in the club was occupied by couples. This wasn't something new. But it was to someone.

His love for her, and his mistake in thinking that whatever she was doing in that desperate moment was genuine, was the reason of the catastrophe.

In her entirely drunken state, she moaned out the name of the person on top of her.

"Jaebum..."