Chapter 16: Torment

"Beware the prayer of an oppressed, for there is no barrier between him and Allah" ~Muhammad (PBUH)

Yoongi's P.O.V:

"So.....," the blonde guy's eyes darted nervously across the table as he cleared his throat and fidgeted restlessly on his seat.

My lips were sealed shut, unable to give a response, and I mentally smacked myself on the head.

God, Yoongi. Can't you even give a proper answer?

My tongue flicked out and ran over my dry lips in a weak attempt to unlock them. A red blush tinted my cheeks; I could feel it.

At one side, two pairs of eyes were burning holes into me and on the other side, one was oozing with anxiety, and the other with awkwardness. The brunette guy, whatever his name was, sat back leisurely in his seat, his jaws moving non-stop as he noisily chewed a gum, but his narrowed eyes didn't shift a centimeter from my face, still bearing into me, making me shift uneasily.

I turned my face to look at Yuna, who was sitting beside me, sunken back as much as possible in her seat. Her doe eyes flickered from face to face, resting a little longer on the chewing gum guy; I could clearly sense that her gaze was filled with uncertainty and doubt.

Five minutes passed, and the deafening silence continued to drive me over the edge until I finally pushed back my chair and stood up. All eyes fixed on me, if they already weren't and I cleared my throat uncomfortably.

"I-I want to go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute."

Yuna seemed to snap out of her thoughts, and her eyes fell on me. She nodded, offering me a weak smile. Giving one last look to the group, I scurried out of the cafeteria, thankful to escape the suffocating rendezvous.

Stepping into the spacious hallways, I inhaled deeply and shut me eyes. Just as I took another step, a large, rough hand clamped over my mouth, and another around my wrists. My eyes bulged out of their sockets as whimpers left my mouth.

"Sshh," a deep voice whispered into my ear.

The next second, I was curtly shoved inside a small and congested room. An unknown identity pushed me to the wall, causing my back to painfully collide with the coarse material. I winced, the old bruises that were close to fading, triggered again. A raspy chuckle resonated inside the room.

"So. I've heard you're Yuna's new boyfriend. Is that so?" The low voice sent chills down my spine, making hair at the back of my neck stand up in alert.

"I-I don't know what you're saying," I stuttered, trying to detect a face in the dingy cellar.

Suddenly, I sensed a presence right in front of me, and the next moment, the room lit up, and I could finally see the face of my kidnapper.

Dark, hooded eyes residing with mystery and secrets, the boy in front of me pursed his lips into a thin line. He was undeniably handsome with high cheekbones and a steady jaw. His eyes bore into mine in an intimidating stare, and I gulped.

He abruptly pushed a stray strand of hair away from my face. I was taken aback from the sudden unexpected action, and shrank back into the hard wall. His slender fingers lightly traced my features, leading down the thumb to run over my lips. His chiselled face moved too close for my liking, but I found it unable to jerk away. His intriguing gaze caught mine in an unwavering stare as he moved closer. My fists balled up at my sides and my teeth clenched. I screwed my eyes shut, my ragged breaths audible in the silent room.

Our noses brushed, and just at that moment, his fists knotted into my collar and in a flash, I was thrown onto the cold floor. I landed with a thud on the stone-hard floor, and immediately, pain shot through my hip bone. I bit my wobbling lip hard as my eyes watered. I wasn't given a chance to recover from the pang as a shoe collided with my ribs, and I doubled over, clutching hard at my stomach. Another blow at the abdomen let loose the spur of tears that came flooding out of my eyes at the unbearable spasms that surged through my body. I wheezed, finding it difficult to respire as my chest contracted painfully with every choking breath i took.

His hand roughly knotted into my hair and pulled my face upwards so that I was staring into his dangerously glittering eyes.

"Stay away from Yuna. She deserves better than a low-lying beggar," he sneered in my face.

His eyes landed on my soaked, tear-stained face and he smirked.

"Look at that," he snarled. "She fell in love with a complete weakling. A weakling who can't even take a few hits. She rejected me for this," he scoffed, shaking his head as though it was the most incredulous thing he had ever heard.

He threw one dirty look at me, and curled up his lips in distaste, and thought, before throwing a last, powerful punch straight at my mouth. My head whipped to the side with the immense force, and I spat out a large glob of blood, the metallic taste making me gag. Looking at my beat-up condition, he dusted off his shirt, fixed his collar and hair, and walked out of the room nonchalantly, like nothing had ever happened.

I rasped, clutching my waist tightly, afraid that if I let go, it might fall off. My mouth felt as though someone was pressing their palm into it, and I was sure that the skin of my lips had been torn. Sharp stabs twinged at my abdomen like someone was twisting a knife and I bit hard on the already broken skin of my lips, ignoring the burning sensation. The pain was getting too much to bear, and I let out a weak cry.

"Help. Somebody, please. Help," I cried, even though my voice would be barely audible outside the room.

I rested my head on the wall and closed my eyes, praying to God to give me strength to bear the increasing agony.  I almost slipped into unconsciousness, when the door opened with a bang. 

A petite figure came rushing towards me, followed by a larger one. I could faintly make out Yuna's blur features, and a blonde head crouch down beside me. A figure, who I assured was Yuna, kneeled down in front of me, and gently took my bruised face in her soft, warm and welcoming hands. A gasp escaped her lips, followed by a soft whimper.

"Oh, my. Yoongi! What happened to you sweetheart? Who did this to you?" her voice broke, and I realized she was near to tears.

I groaned in response, and felt her cautiously wipe the blood off my face. I winced as the coarse cloth came in contact with my torn lips, causing her to flinch away from me.

"S-sorry!"

I felt the rise of bile in my throat, led by a splatter of blood dripping down my jaw. Yuna let out a cry of dismay and instantly wiped it with her sleeves. After not being able to refrain herself, she burst into tears and tenderly took my face in her hand, hugging it to her chest. I felt her fingers softly and affectionately stroking my face, curling into my hair, massaging. 

The warmth of her loving embrace was too peaceful for me and from all the agony and torment, I let myself slowly slip into a deep sleep.