Chapter 19: Discombobulation

The sun peeked out from the horizon, it's blinding rays creating a clashing silhouette against the dark sky, changing it from an inky blue, to a vibrant mixture of orange and purple.

The sight was beautiful more than anything I could ever have imagined, and Yoongi thought the same. Not even for a second did his eyes leave the sky, his mouth wide open in awe.

"Wow," a breath escaped his parted lips.

I smiled. "It's beautiful, right?"

He nodded in response, his eyes still glued above.

I bit my lip hard as I stared at his illuminated form. A tingling sensation arose in my stomach, and it clenched. What was this that I was feeling?

Should I be angry at him because his father was the reason my mother had been so cruelly snatched away from me? After all, he killed her.

Or should I be the one feeling guilty, for my father had taken everything away from him, that he was why Yoongi had to starve for seven years, and his parents had left him too. Who was the guilty one?

But then I realized; it was neither of our faults. The one who was to blame was my father, and him alone. I gritted my teeth in anger as I thought of him. That, that asshole. He left me and my mother, and then ruined an innocent family because they were just another victim in the accident that killed my mother. If he cared so much so as to take such vicious revenge, why had he left us in the first place? Why had he acted as such a coward when his wife and daughter needed him?

My fists balled up at my sides, and I realized Yoongi giving me a questioning look.

"Are you okay, Yuna?" He asked worriedly.

I clenched my jaw hard.

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I said, I'm sorry."

Yoongi turned towards me.

"What are you talking about, Yuna? Sorry for what?"

Tears pricked at my eyes, and I shut them tightly.

"For everything."

Yoongi looked beyond disturbed. He fidgeted uncomfortably on the hard ground, averting his dark gaze from mine.

"I-I don't understand," he stuttered, still not meeting my eyes.

I shook my head.

"Leave it," I muttered dejectedly.

"Hey..."

Yoongi nervously licked his lips, and uncertainty flashed across his eyes, like he wanted to say or do something, but was reluctant.
I waited, but when he didn't go on further, I heaved myself up from the ground and stood up.

"Come one." My voice came out cold and firm. "We should be getting home."

I walked ahead, the leaves crumpling under my feet as I wiped at my eyes, trying to remove any sign of moisture. I felt footsteps behind me, trotting fast, trying to keep up with my fast pace. I was almost out of the forest, when a hand grabbed mine and stopped me in my tracks. I looked down to see a pale hand grasping mine, and my eyes met with Yoongi's soft ones.

"Yuna," he breathed out my name.

His hand tugged me closer to him, until I was just inches away from him. His two, dark abyss searched my face for any sign of discomfort. The moon cast a luminant shadow on his face, giving it an unnatural glow that was almost haunted.