Chapter 9: At Last

(A/N: To avoid any confusion, think of this as chapter 7 in Yuna's P.O.V)

After our whole intimate conversation in the forest yesterday, we walked back to my hostel, where he hugged me and told me he would always be there for me amd that no one could take him away from me. I had smiled and nodded, and then retreated back into the house.

As soon as I turned around, I was met with a peacefully sleeping Yoongi, with one hand on his caved in stomach, and one hand on the bed. His sheets were wrapped around him like a caccoon, making him look like a small and cuddly caterpillar. I softly smiled to myself, praying that he would soon wake up.

Walking up to him, I placed my hand on his forhead to check for fever. To my relief, his temperature was perfect. I had gone to Rosemary's clinic a few days ago and mentioned Yoongi's condition to her. Fortunately, she had given me good news that he would soon be waking up. She also gave me a hint that he would probably wake up when his body temperature returned to normal.

Heaving a sigh of relief, I walked to the kitchen and poured a satchet of chicken soup in the pot of boiling water. It would be good for him to drink soup the first thing after he hopefully wakes up today. I hummed along a song, tapping my foot to the beat.

By the time I had finished the whole song, the soup was ready to be poured out. Taking a bowl from the cupboard, I poured the hot, sizzling soup into the bowl and put it onto a tray. Making sure to carefully balance it in my hands, I opened the door to find Yoongi sitting up on his bed, wildly looking around.

Holy mother. He was awake. Yoongi was finally awake after being unconscious for 3 days.

Forgetting about everything else, I slammed the tray on the side table and in a flash, my arms were wrapped tightly around his frail body.

Thank the Holy Gods of sleep. They had finally opened his eyes.

Suddenly my eyes widened as I realized what I was doing. I pulled my hands away from him as though they had been burned. He was looking at me with a surprised look on his face.

Now note this fact: I don't easily blush. I don't even blush at compliments. But when he looked at me in the eyes, I completely melted with embarrassment at my abrupt action. My cheeks felt as though they were on fire. I looked down, my hair forming a curtain around my face, and internally winced. I heard him breath a very tiny laugh.

Mustering up the only small amount of courage I had left, I took a deep breath and said,

"Thank god you're awake. You've been unconscious for the past days."

I noticed his eyebrows furrow in confusion. After a second, they drifted apart in realization and his eyes slowly moved towards me.

"Yuna?" He muttered my name.

I was surprised that he remembered my name, amd I knew that my shock must be clearly evident on my face.

"For how many day was I unconscious?" He slowly asked.

"Uh...3 days," I cautiously replied.

He sprang up from the bed, his eyes bulging out of his sockets.

"3 days?! I've been unconscious for 3 days?!" He hollered in my face. I looked down and saw that his feet were on the ground, ready to leave the house.

Oh no he ain't

I picked up the tray from the table and gathering all the breath in my lungs, I screamed at him.

"Yoongi, calm down!"

He stopped trying to free himself from the multiple blankets tangling him and stared at me. I saw his eyes travel down to the tray in my hands. They softened.

"You've been hungry for almost a week. You need to eat, please calm down," I pleaded to him softly.

He gulped and sat back down on the bed. I took that as a positive answer and pulled up a chair beside him. Taking the bowl of soup in my hand, I fed him the first sip.

I assumed that he hadn't eaten a chicken soup before, because as soon as it went into his mouth, he let a out a pleasure-filled moan.
I chuckled at his reaction, causing him to give me an embarrassed look.

"Do you like it?" I shyly asked him.

"I love it," he sincerely replied.

Again, I do not blush at normal compliments like those, but I did now. My heart fluttered at hearing him say that and I shyly smiled. Holy shit, fluttered? What the fuck is happening to me?

As I looked at him, I noticed his eyes glaze over with sadness as he got lost in his own thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" I whispered to him.

My voice brought him back from his thoughts and he stared at me as though he was trying to solve a puzzle in his mind.

"Why are you doing this?"

My hand stopped mid-air from feeding him.

"Why am I doing what?"

"All this." He motioned his hands around us.

"You didn't even know me and you let a hobo inside your house. I can't believe a stranger is taking care of me when my own family..."

His voice cracked painfully and tears seeped out of his eyes. It hurt me to see him so broken. I immediately put down the bowl of soup and hugged him.

It felt like he was holding back from crying in the arms of a stranger, but the tears urged him to let go. And he did. He broke down in my arms, something that people were doing a lot nowadays. He sobbed into my chest as though he had not cried in years. My heart clenched painfully as my shirt got soaked in his tears. I rubbed his back to comfort him.

After quite some time, all his tears were let out and he pulled back sniffling. He bowed his head, as if he couldn't meet my eyes. I felt like someone was pulling at my heartstrings. Placing a firm look on my face, I looked at him with soft and sympathetic eyes and said,

"Because I want to," and left the room, taking the tray and the bowl of soup with me.

I shut the door and let my head fall back against it. I sighed heavily.

I remembered what Joshua had said to me.

"If you ever find a person who doesn't deserve what life's giving them, and they need help, then help them. That's all I ask from you."

I couldn't give him what he deserved. So the only way to pay the debt of my sins was to grant his only wish.

I realized that I had chosen the wrong words. I shouldn't have said, 'because I want to.'

I should have said, 'because I have to.'

. . .

A/N:
I swear to God, I'm cringing so damn hard. I apologize for this eye-rolling chapter.