Chapter 20: Trepidation

Yuna's P.O.V:

A shuffle of feet and a sharp noise made me crack my eyes open, slowly groaning at the blinding light. I looked towards my left to find Yoongi standing beside me, staring intently at something gripped in his hand. A photo frame.

A photo frame of me and Joshua.

All my sleepiness instantly vanished and I sprang up from the bed, snatching it out of his tight grip. Taken aback, he snapped his head towards me and immediately took a few steps backward, the back if his knees colliding with the bed.

"I-I was just taking a look," he stuttered, flustered at being caught off guard.

"I didn't expect you to wake up so soon," he muttered, suddenly interested in his shoes.

I gritted my teeth and sighed.

"How many timed have I told you to not touch my things without my permission?"

Yoongi fixed his meek stare on me, and fiddled with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled guiltily.

My heart melted instantly. I bit my lip, scolding myself at being so hard on him. After all, what was the harm in just looking at a photo frame?

But I realized that the problem wasn't the photo; it was the person in the photo. I knew it would lead to questions that I did not wish to answer.

I inhaled sharply and slumped down tiredly on the bed.

"No, I'm sorry."

Yoongi's eyes widened slightly at my whisper. He chewed his lips anxiously. I finally mustered up the courage to meet his eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm acting like such a douche bag. You don't deserve this."

Surprise overtook his gentle features, and he stepped forward.

"I-It's perfectly fine. I understand that you don't want strangers going through your personal stuff. I absolutely respect that. I apologize for being nosy."

I laughed lightly, and offered him a smile.

I stood up, hugging the frame to myself, and walked towards the other side of the bed. As I leaned down, it pressed hard into my stomach, and I flinched, a startled gasp leaving my mouth.

Yoongi was standing beside me in a second, his features contorted in concern.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I bit my lip, trying to stifle the pain in a weak attempt as another wince left me.

His hands clasped around mine, unfastening them from around my abdomen. He hooked his fingers in the hem of my shirt, and stared at me.

My breath hitched in my throat as I dreaded his next move.

Slowly, he tugged it upwards, exposing the bare skin. His hand landed on my stomach, his calloused hands lightly trailing the warm skin.

"Yuna. You have bruise."

He looked at me questioningly.

"Where did this come from? It's faded. When did you get hurt so badly?"

I screwed my eyes shut, cursing myself at my inability to keep quiet. I uttered another wince as he lightly pressed down upon it.

"It still hurts. What's going on, Yuna?"

Drinking down the throbbing sensation, I forced a tight smile on my lips.

"It's nothing. I bumped into the table at the cafeteria a few days ago," I said assuringly.