Chapter 13: Exoneration

"Be the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it" ~Imam Ali

"Wow. Fantastic Baby. Dance!"

My arms flailed in the air as I let myself loose and danced wildly and energetically. A soft series of laughter erupted from Yoongi's chest as he rolled onto his stomach. I smiled and continued to jam on my favourite song, looking like a drunk hobo on the street. My hair resembled a bird's nest, but I couldn't care less as tingles flowed through my body and into my limbs, making me dance faster.

The frail body lying on the bed laughed harder as tears appeared at the corner of his dark eyes. He slapped the bed with his palm, trying to contain his undying laughter.

"Wow. Fantastic Baby."

And with that, the song ended, and so did my dance. If that's what you would call it. I breathed heavily, and looked at Yoongi. As soon as our eyes met, we both broke out into a fit of giggles. I jumped onto the bed beside him and we both rolled onto our backs, staring at the ceiling. Our giggles dissolved into the air, and silence took over us. I sighed.

"Today was fun."

"Hmn." He hummed in response. "The songs were amazing. I've never heard something like that before. It was truly fascinating and exciting!"

I gave him a soft smile.

"If you ever want to listen to them again, feel free to use my iPod. Im sure you're going to like all the songs in there. I think our taste in music is very similar."

His eyes lit up and his face brightened as he beamed at me.

"Really?"

I chuckled. "Really."

We became quiet agin, this time, the silence stretching out longer. Suddenly, out of nowhere, faint snores drifted into my ear. I looked in surprise towards Yoongi, and found him fast asleep. I breathed a laugh. This boy slept damn fast. Just like me. I snickered to myself, but stopped and frowned. How was I supposed to put him properly in bed?

I stared at his body lying horizontally on the single bed. Biting my lip, I sighed in dismay and wound my arms tightly around his delicate frame. I heaved him up, and finding out that he was surprisingly light for an eighteen year old boy. I placed him properly on the bed, so that he was lying vertically and his head was on the soft pillow. All this while he hadn't stirred a single time, indicating that he was a very heavy sleeper.

I straightened up and pulled down my shirt. I whirled around, but something caught my eye. My eyes landed on a frame settled on my bedside table. As soon as I registered who it was, my heart sank into the pit of my stomach.

It was a picture of me and Joshua holding hands. I recognized the background as the theme park we both loved to go to as a date. Our hands were gently intertwined and I was smiling widely at the camera, while Joshua was looking at me, a faint smile on his face. He was staring at me as though I was his world, and was the only thing he could see. His everything. The love in his gaze was so evident, and anyone who would take a look at the picture could tell that the girl meant so much to him.

My eyed stung, and soon enough, big, fat tears rolled down my cheeks one by one, onto the picture. My hand stroked his face gently as I gave him a watery smile. I hugged it tightly to my chest and screwed my eyes shut. A sob escaped my lips, and on instinct, my hand flew up to my mouth to cover it. I looked back at Yoongi, scared that I had woken him up, but he was still sleeping soundly.

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me. Because I can never forgive myself. If you're watching me from above, then know that I love you Joshua. I love you more than anyone and anything. You were my world. My everything. I never meant for it to happen Joshua. Never."

I sobbed and looked at his flawless face with soft features, something I had grown addicted to tracing with my fingers. Looking at his lips decorated with a beautiful smile, I had the sudden urge to kiss him. God, I missed him so much. I missed wrapping my arms around his neck, while his were curled around my waist. I missed caressing his cheeks while his lips used to turn up at the corners as he whispered 'I love you' in my ear. I missed his smooth laugh that used to flow from his chest whenever he saw me blush. I missed lying down on his bed, my head on his chest while he would stroke my hair as he complimented my vanilla shampoo. I missed kissing those soft, plump lips, and the feeling of his tongue molding against mine, tangled, and their sweet taste.

I missed it all.

And I would kill to have it all back. To have him back. But guess I'd done that already, hadn't I?