Vincenzo nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, you're coming with us." I was bewildered. I cleared my throat, leaning against the counter. The aquarium? Why was I invited?
"You know," I said, "when you told me about this job, you said it was a maid's job. You didn't say anything about babysitting or going on family trips." I enjoyed babysitting April but I wasn't sure what Vincenzo was thinking at the same time. He always had a plan for things.

"Yeah, I also said that you had to do everything I said. Deal with it."

I glanced into the living room, seeing April sing along to a children show's theme song. I'd do it for her. "Okay, can I change?" I asked, causing him to look at me from head to toe. He nodded, "don't take too long."

I went back into the maid's quarters and got changed into my light blue, high waisted skinny jeans and a cotton pink shirt. I slipped on my converses before tying my hair into a ponytail. I added some makeup on then but buttoned up my oversized shirt, spraying some perfume on my way out.

I walked into the foyer to see Cat. She was walking out of her room, her hand on her head. I approached her, smiling. "Hey. .what in the. ." I couldn't believe my eyes. She had large hand imprints on her neck and a small bruise on her head that looked painful. She was shaking, her eyes red. "Cat?" I softly asked, going to move her hand away from her neck but she flinched, taking a step back. "Y-yeah?"

What was going on? Something clearly wasn't right and I had to get to the bottom of it. First the bedroom incident and now this.

"What. .what's going on? What happened?" She shook her head, attempting to crack a smile. "What do you mean? I'm fine. I hit my head in the bath that's all, it hurt like hell," she chuckled, her voice shaky. She was pretending, I could see through her lie. "Okay," I said, playing along. "That doesn't explain your neck."

She swallowed, looking down and biting her lip. "When I saw you in that room," I started but she shook her head again. "Please. .don't. It's embarrassing enough what happened." I still wasn't convinced and she still hadn't answered my question.

"You looked sad."

She exhaled loudly before saying, "it hurt, that's all. I haven't slept with anyone in a while. I wasn't sad. Me and . ." She looked pained as she said the next few words. "Me and him just . .well, it's just . . We were being kinky." I slowly processed her words, catching on after a while. I nodded, unfazed. "Cat. ." I went to touch her arm but she moved away. "Look, I don't want to talk about it, okay?" I frowned at her sudden harsh tone. She left, going into the elevator.

I sighed, going down the stairs. Something wasn't right but I thought I was just being silly. I was making her uncomfortable.

I went back into Vincenzo's house to see him zipping up April Grace's coat. She smiled at me, waving. "Hi!" I grinned back at her, zipping my own coat. "Hey." Vincenzo lifted her up, giving me a grin, "let's go."

We went into another black Range Rover. "No driver?" I asked, looking around as I fixed April in her pink car seat. He shook his head, "just us three." He looked at April, "Grace, close your eyes." She did as she was told, frowning as did I at those words. He kissed her forehead and suddenly her head dropped. My eyes widened, "what did you . ." I trailed off, noticing the needle in his hand.

I scoffed, "why would you do that? Why can't your own daughter know the whereabouts? How does she go to-" I felt a prick in my neck and I fell asleep, the darkness dragging me in.

I woke up by a deep, husky voice calling my name. I yawned, opening my eyes to meet Vincenzo's. I touched my neck, groaning. "Good you're awake. We're here now." I heard April giggle behind me. I took off my seatbelt, stretching. I turned to see her, bouncing in her car seat. Vincenzo went out the car, opening at April's side and took her out her car seat, holding her. I opened my door, stepping out and shutting the door behind me. I sighed, looking around to see families going in and out the entrance.