Chapter 19

*Pete's POV*

When Patrick's parents leave again, after asking whether they're sure if they don't need to cook for them,  it's just the three of them and Brendon again. "Ryan will be here in a few minutes." The black haired boy says as he plumps down on the sofa next to Patrick. "Thanks for coming, Bren. You really shouldn't have." He smiles at his friend. Brendon laughs. "Yeah, no. My best friend was rushed to the hospital, but you're right I shouldn't have come, I don't even know why I wasted my time to do so." He replies sarcastically. Patrick chuckles and Pete's so happy to see him so carefree again. It's a huge difference from how he was only hours ago, a crippling mess from the horrible amount of pain. He hopes to never ever see his boy that hurt ever again. He was so afraid of losing him. His heart still pounds faster just thinking about it, the image flashing through his brain and before his eyes. He shakes his head to return to the present, with his happy, not-in-pain Patrick. A smile creeps on his features. "Who called you anyway?" He hears Patrick ask his friend. "Uh, I did." Pete says, raising his hand with a small smile. "Why?" Patrick laughs. "Well, you were a mess, we didn't know what was happening so I first called your parents and then Brendon. Both to let them know what was happening and to ask whether it happened before." Pete explains. "Which it hadn't so I rushed over as soon as I heard." Brendon adds. "You got us worried." He continues. Joe chuckles. "Yeah, that's the understatement of the year." Brendon nods. "Let me rephrase that." He says to Joe before turning back to Patrick. "You scared the living shit out of us." He corrects himself.  A crooked smile appears on Patrick's face. "I'm sorry I did that to you guys." He softly says. Pete laughs. "Yeah, you're the worst, how dare you?" He pretends to be offended. "You better don't do that again, mister." Brendon adds pointing at Patrick as if he's a father lecturing his son. Patrick burst out in a soft fit of giggles. "I love you guys." He sighs content. Pete, sitting on Patrick's other side, shuffles closer and eyes Brendon while making hand gestures behind his back to Joe to come closer as well. Brendon, understanding his plan, counts down from three with his fingers behind Patrick's head. "We love you too, Patrick!" They all say in unison as they practically jump on the poor boy in the middle. Completely crushing him with their hug.  "Get off me, you swines." He laughs, but doesn't make any attempt to actually push them away. The ginger boy with the glasses luckily gets saved by the bell. Joe pulls back to press the buzzer to invite the person in. "Aha, that'll be my very sexy and hot taxi driver." Brendon jumps up and Pete shakes his head laughing at the boy's filter, or well his lack of it. Since they all let go off Patrick, Pete grabs his change and climbs on the boy's lap sideways so he can look him in the eye, but also address the other people in the room. "Are you sure, you're fine?" He asks. "No more headaches?" He adds eyeing him closely. Patrick smiles fondly at him and pulls him a little closer. "I'm okay, Petey." He snuggles his nose against Pete's for a second, making Pete smile like an idiot. The door opens and in walks the one and only Ryan Ross. Brendon runs up to him and jumps in his arms as if it's been ages since he's seen his boyfriend. It reminds Pete a lot of an overexcited puppy greeting it's favorite human after a work day. Ryan picks Brendon up, kisses him quickly on the lips and puts him down again with a small laugh. "Hey, handsome." He smirks and Brendon gives him another kiss before sitting next to Patrick again. Ryan takes Pete previous place on the couch. "How are you, Patrick?" He asks looking a little worried at the boy with the black cap on his head. "I'm okay, Ryan. All danger is passed." He assures the brown haired boy. Ryan nods relieved. "Good, glad to hear it." He smiles. "Am I the only one who's hungry though?" Joe randomly speaks up, making them all turn his head towards him. "I'm kinda hungry as well." Patrick replies. "Want me to make dinner for us?" He adds and Pete shakes his head. "Uh uh, you're not doing anything, I won't allow it." He replies. Patrick laughs. "Oh? What are you going to do to stop me, huh?" He asks. Pete shuffles in Patrick's lap sitting with his back towards him and leaning back, pressing Patrick deeper in the sofa with his weight. "I'll just sit here until you give up the ridiculous idea to cook." He replies. Patrick laughs and tries to push him off, though he doesn't really put much effort behind it. Not really minding Pete's teasing. "We could just order in?" Brendon opts. "You can't just invite yourself for dinner, love." Ryan grins. "I'm not. We're already here. If we'd leave we'd outvite ourselves." Brendon reasons and Patrick, still crushed under Pete's weight, laughs. "It's okay, Ryan. You guys can stay." Joe assures him and Ryan nods grateful. "What about kebab?" Pete suggest. "Yeah, or Chinese." Joe counters. "Or Greek?" Brendon asks. "I really think we should go for kebab." Pete says again. "But pizza is also easy and always nice." Ryan says. "What about tacos?" Patrick adds to the group of food types. "I'd say kebab." Pete repeats himself. They all look at him. "What? I just really feel like eating kebab right now." He shrugs. They all laugh. "What?" He asks confused and they all laugh even harder. "Can't a man long for some kebab? In what times are we living?" He tries to defend himself, which only fuels the laughter of course. He crosses his arms in front of his chest and pouts like a little kid would do. Patrick pulls him off his lap slightly so he can face him. "You can have your kebab, Petey." He grins. The others finally stifle their laughter as well. "Yeah, kebab is fine by me." Ryan says.