Chapter 5

*Pete's POV*

Pete suddenly wakes up, not sure what waked him until he hears the title screen from the TV. "Whu-"He tries to sit up, but feels a weight holding him down. He looks down at his left and sees Patrick all curled up to his side. His head on his chest, mouth a little open. Pete can't help but smile when he sees how peaceful the boy looks compared to how he was when he found him in the kitchen. Patrick fell asleep on his chest during the first episode already. Pete never thought he'd fall asleep as well though, so he decided to just finish the episode and let Patrick rest. He must've fallen asleep nonetheless considering he just woke up to a title screen and a curled up Patrick. Meaning at least four episodes have passed without him knowing and who knows how long the title screen has been playing already. He tries to sit more up again, slowly, taking Patrick's phone to look at the time. 8:53 AM. He puts the phone back on the nightstand. He should probably leave so Patrick won't be all flustered when he realizes how he fell asleep. Even though Pete thinks flustered Patrick is the cutest, he can't be selfish. He really can't, he knows that. And yet, he stays laying like that, just looking at the sleeping boy. Damn why does he look so much like an innocent angel? Patrick mumbles something in his sleep and grabs a fistful of Pete's shirt, making it near impossible now to leave without him noticing. Pete doesn't care as much as he probably should in his situation. He stays like that for a while, just looking at the sleeping boy and all the little imperfections that makes him so perfect to him.

Eventually he hears Joe wake up and pass the room on his way to the kitchen. That's the moment Pete realizes he should really leave. Because no matter how bad he just wanted to lay here all day, Patrick will wake up and he'll be uncomfortable over the whole thing. Pete carefully pries the boy's fingers from his shirt. He drags the blanket a little closer and places the hand back down so Patrick can grab that instead of his shirt if need be. He then slowly raises his arm from over Patrick and takes a pillow to place under the boy's head instead of his chest. He shuffles, silently and with as little shocks as possible, to the edge of the bed and rolls out. Patrick curls in on himself, laying in fetus position now. Another smile creeps on Pete's features as he looks at the sleeping boy. Without thinking about it he leans over and gives him a kiss on his hair. He then carefully strokes a strand of hair out of Patrick's face. Patrick frowns in his sleep and starts moving at his touch. Pete quickly moves away and sneaks, almost like a ninja, towards the TV to shut it off. "P-Pete?" Patrick stammers, looking up at him with squinted eyes, eyes still heavy with sleep. Pete curses at himself in his head for waking him up. He just shut the TV off and was about to leave. "Morning, buddy." He smiles innocently. Patrick holds himself up by one arm. "D-did I fall asleep?" Pete's not sure if lying will help anything, so he decides to just tell the truth. "Uh, yeah, we both did actually." Patrick nods. He reacts a lot lighter than Pete expected him too. Though, the boy probably doesn't realize how close they were lying only moments ago. "Wh-what time is it?" His voice still raw from just waking up. "I, uh, I don't know." Pete shrugs, hiding his blush by looking at the ground. He knew the time when he woke up, but he honestly can't tell for sure how long he has been staring at Patrick sleeping, like he's some creep from a vampire movie. Patrick takes his phone and looks at the time. "It's 9:01 AM". He softly mumbles. Pete's not sure if it's also for him to hear. "I uh, I'm going to take a shower. See you at breakfast?" He goes with his hand through his hair on the back of his head. "Yeah, see you at breakfast." Pete turns around, but Patrick speaks up again before he can leave the room. "Hey, Pete?" He looks over his shoulder at his new roommate. "Yeah?" He asks. Patrick smiles at him. "Thank you." Pete smiles back. "No problem, buddy." He replies before leaving the room and going straight to the bathroom.

After a quick shower he stumbles in the kitchen with only his black boxers and dark blue jeans on. He forgot to take his shirt and is too lazy to go to his room first. "Morning, prince charming." Joe smiles as Pete goes to sit down at the table next to the kitchen. "Do I wanna know?" He adds as he gives him a plate with eggs, bacon and toast through the little window between the kitchen and this part of the living room. "What are you talking about?" Pete pretends as he starts eating. "I saw your room was empty and so was the rest of the apartment... Only one place left. Unless you came crawling from under my bed or something." Joe smirks at him. Pete points at him with his fork, warning him to not go there. "Nothing ha-" He's just about to explain himself when Patrick comes walking in. Still in his pajamas, barefoot and with messy bed hair. Pete's relieved to see that the bruise is barely visible anymore, the ice must've helped. Patrick stands still for a few seconds in front of the glass door, before walking over to sit next to Pete who shoots a look at Joe that says he should shut his mouth. Joe grins at him in response. "Smells delicious." Patrick comments as Joe hands him a plate as well. His friend nods to say thank you and fills his own plate as well. "So, how did your first night go?" He asks as he comes out of the kitchen to sit with them. Patrick looks at his lap and Pete shoots daggers at Joe for not listening to him. "Same as my first night." He answers in Patrick's name. Joe quirks an eyebrow, realizing it's more than he originally thought. "No sleep and TV?" He asks. Patrick slowly nods as he starts eating as well. "Yeah, we've all been there." Joe smiles at Patrick, who nods again and takes a bite of his bacon. Looking a little more comfortable already.