CHAPTER 20 - Part 3

*RED*

I woke up with a groan and Kar chuckled as I rolled over on to him.

"Morning Red." He sighed and I sat up. His hands ran along my sides and he kissed my hand.

I found myself staring at the hickeys I'd left on his neck and chest and he smirked.

"You've got some too." He said tracing my neck softly. I smiled and climbed off of him and out of bed.

"Dang, what were y'all doing last night?" Jax asked as he finally saw the marks on my neck. Kar and I were in the living room after having joined our friends.

We'd all pretty much pissed the day away just lounging about and it was well past noon. Mason and Amber had left earlier this morning for some "private engaged time." As Amber put it. I inwardly was disgusted.

"No way." Delilah said marching over and pulling at my shirt collar, revealing more of Karlyle's, and Mason's, work.

"You freaky little slut." She said hitting my shoulder. I shrugged and Kar chuckled.

The shutting of a door was heard.

"Don't think we don't see yours either Kar." Jax pointed out and Karlyle shrugged.

Mathew sat on the end of the couch watching us and shaking his head as he chuckled. Gran and Mary were sitting at the table discussing something quietly every once in a while they'd laugh softly. Faye and Jackson were sitting across from them listening and stifling laughs as well.

"That's not the half of it: look." Kar said lifting up his shirt and turning to show the deep scratches along his back. The others gasped.

"Damn." Jackson remarked and Gran reached over the table and whacked his head with her palm. Faye burst into laughter.

"Mhm I forget she's so rough." Karlyle chuckled and nudged my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and shot him a look though I was holding back a smile. He wrapped an arm around me his hand settling on my hip.

"What the hell's going on in here?" Mason's deep voice sent a chill down my spine that oddly seemed to settle in the pit of my stomach as he and Amber finally made an appearance. The two waltzed into the living room, Amber clutching onto Mason's arm like a lost puppy. The young man's eyes left his mate and scanned us all a frown slowly coming to his features.

His gazed drifted over Karlyle and myself before he glared at Kar's hand on my hip. For a split second his eyes flashed red.

"Kar--" Mason started and I shot him a glare.

"Don't talk to him." I growled at the Alpha and everyone went silent.

Mason returned my glare and I watched as his eyes quickly flicked to my neck and his gaze darkened. Oh, was he jealous? The hell?

"Excuse me?" He asked sharply and I raised an eyebrow.

"Child, you should be more grateful." Gran said and I looked at her in surprise. Surprise quickly turned to indignation.

"Grateful for what? That he fixed me up, so what? Anyone could've done it." I said and Mason growled.

"He's your Alpha." Gran said and I looked at Mason dead in the eye.

"You're no Alpha of mine. You're nothing but a stupid little pup." I snipped and flounced toward the door before going outside.

I was walking away from the house when I heard the door slam open behind me.