Prologue

Hello everyone! This is my new book 'Blackbane' and it's coming along really well!

Note: I'm editing this as I go so updates may vary. And I started with very formal words but I've weened off a bit.

THE PROPHECY

For a time, there was a prophecy that resonated over the wolf packs. The hearsays spoke of a monster that would come amongst them... yet this monster could also save them as well as drown them in misery. For this presence would be unlike others. He would be stronger and keener. Larger and swifter. The ruler of all beasts.

The wolves and werewolves of the world were all acquainted with this prophecy. They were all told of it from the time they could first heed to their mothers' voice. This being was a fable to some, just a gossip told to frighten the young into behaving. No one really believed it initially because its origins had been mixed up so many occasions that every time it fell on ears the ones' hearing couldn't take it as fact. It began to blunder in and out of discussion and into witticisms and folklore. All the while their god listened and shook her head in disgrace at her creations' lack of faith. Their deity was called by the name of Luna Dea or Moon Goddess. She was said to glow like the moon itself and her eyes flickered with stars. Her white locks flowed down her back in a beautiful shower and her prophecy avowed...

"There will be a large wolf created with fur dark as the caves of Hell and eyes that shine like the light of Heaven. Before him humans shall cower as well as wolves. He will be the feared and the respected. No wolf will stand in his way. For he was made by the Moon Goddess herself and placed in his mother's womb. There will be death in his past and his future. But he shall reign forevermore. In darkness and in light he is glorious as well as menacing. Fore he is Fenris. He is the Monster Wolf. The one who fights demons and the one who protects angels."

Hitherto no one had met nor seen the person the prophecy spoke of... many had grown to say it was just, once again, an old fool's tale... That was until the Moon Goddess herself visited a pack meeting one night. Every ear perked and listened in stunned awe as she herself spoke the words of her prophecy. And the word spread like fire and all lupus creatures alike were jolted with the name of Fenris.

Every being with knowledge speculated who Fenris would be and when he would come, but no one knew the answer. So one and all was left to their imaginations and many rumors came about. Ages passed and the prophecy was spoken less and less of until it truly seemed a bedtime story for pups.

Wolves spoke of the big scary man-wolf who would slaughter any sinful varg. The tales were fake of course because the being in question had done no such thing... yet. And werewolves spoke of the one of their kind whom would in their sayings "rule all kind."

But one thing was certain...

This unidentified chosen one would change all.

And he was coming.

Well there's the first part.