CHAPTER 10

Above pic is Kar

Hospital

*MASON*

I paced outside of Amber's home and groaned. I could hear her cries of pain and I couldn't stand it. I linked my hands behind my head and stared at the house. Her cries suddenly stopped and then I heard her parents yelling.

My heart twisted and I ran my fingers through my hair as I stared at the door.
Suddenly my phone started ringing and I pulled it out. It was Kyle.

"What?" I groaned as I answered it and Kyle paused.

"What's wrong, I heard your howl." My friend said and I let out a tattered breath.

"It's Amber she's really sick and her parents are home now and she was crying and screaming and they kicked me out and now she isn't screaming anymore, but they're yelling and I'm freaking out." I rambled and Kyle cursed.

"Who's that?" I heard Lisa's voice and the shutting of a door.

"Mason; something's wrong with Amber and her parents kicked him out." Kyle explained.

"What?!" Lisa yelled and I flinched. I felt empty.

"Kyle... I have to see her." I whimpered and my friend let out a sigh.

"We're coming man." Kyle said and I got off the phone and I watched as the door burst open and out came Amber's father carrying her limp form. I felt my heart drop when I saw blood on her and some on his shirt.

"Amber?" I called and she didn't respond I started toward them, but her father's glare made me stop. Her mother rushed out of the house as he put my mate in the back seat and buckled her up.

"Where are you going?" I asked her mother and she gave me a long look before saying, "The hospital," and slipping into the passenger's seat. Amber's father got in the driver's and soon the car was racing off and I watched it go with a bleeding heart.
In a few moments another car pulled up and the window rolled down to reveal Kyle. He looked at me and said, "Get in."

I hopped into the backseat and Lisa looked at me from the driver's seat she had a deep frown on her face and when she spoke her voice was angry, "Where'd they go? I can't believe them."

"Hospital." I said and Lisa gaze a nod before pressing her foot on the gas and we bolted forward. I watched the world blur around us as we rushed toward the clinic and the whole time I felt like I was going to puke. She was going to be fine, I kept telling myself.

When we finally made it there we all practically flew out of the car and into the hospital lobby. I ran up to the receptionist desk and looked at the woman as she typed on the computer.

"I'm looking for Amber Brook." I said and Lisa and Kyle stood beside me. They nodded in earnestly and we all watched as the lady typed on the computer and looked up at us with a slight frown.

"She's in ICU, it's down the hall." She said pointing and I turned and hurried toward the place. Lisa and Kyle followed me and I felt my breath becoming ragged as we made it down the hall and I saw nurses rushing around. I heard a scream and my heart jumped. Amber.

I made it down the hall and paused in front of a room. A large window was there so you could see inside, but the binds where closed so I couldn't see a thing. I bit back a growl as a nurse bolted out of the room and ran right into me.

"Sorry." She gasped and I huffed.

"Is Amber in there?" I asked and the woman paused.

She eyed me suspiciously before saying, "Yes."