CHAPTER 12 - Part 2

Above pic is Jax

*MASON*

It wasn't long before I came to a meadow and slowed my run to a halt. My heart beat strongly in my chest banging like a nine-pound hammer against my ribs. I glanced around the dark meadow, illuminated softly by moonlight. My nostrils were wrapped in a dank scent. Something told me to growl at the new smell.

"Ah, Fenris." A cheery voice of a man said. The accent of ancient tongue laced his words. My fur stood on end along my back and I whirled around to find nothing.

"Ranyt yec rilent oir hatle (kill to control your world)." A whisper flowed to my ears and I turned my head. Nothing. I glanced around the dark meadow but could find no other sign of a being.

"Ei xii gite triy oi (I will never help you)." I snarled and a laugh flowed in the wind.

"Oi itto oire ey rilent (you think you're in control)?" the voice chuckled, "Gew tillt (how cute)." A pulled back my chops in a snarl.

"Go fuck off." I growled and looked around wildly as he cackled.

I wanted to tear into his flesh. I wanted him to beg for mercy.

"Oir coki ae farmor (your mate is beautiful)." He said and I tensed. A snarl roared from my lips.

"Stay away from my mate." I growled and he chuckled.

"Weak minds are so easy." He said suddenly speaking English. I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"What are you talking about? I'm not weak." I growled in offense and my hackles rose. If only the bastard would show his face, then we'd see who was weak.

"Aww fielt ecotac (little wolf), who said I was talking about you?" his voice was thick with richness and I frowned. Who else could he mean by...?

"Amber?" I growled and his laughed flowed around me; taunting me.

"Bingo." He chuckled and I snarled.

"If you touch her I'll—" I started baring my fangs.

"If you join me no harm will come, but only if you join me." He chuckled.

"I'll never join you." I growled.

"So be it." His voice said flatly and I growled and looked around once again at the darkening meadow. His voice faded along with the strange pull I was feeling and I shook my head trying to clear it.

I knew he was gone but now I was worried. The rage inside me faded. I needed to see Amber badly.

My paws turned toward home and I sped off. I leaped over rocks and such in my rush. I was practically flying. I was admittedly scared... What if something had actually happened to her?

I made it to the house, slipped on some clothes I'd left outside, and rushed inside the front door. Everyone was lounging in the living room... circled around.

"Where's Amber?" I growled and they all looked at me with big saucer eyes. Why were they staring like that?

"S-she went after you... What happened?" Red asked and I frowned. She stared at me as did everyone else and I looked down at myself. I felt my heart skip a beat as I took in the red covering most of my body. Blood... how? What?

"I don't know how this got on me..." I said in confusion.

"Sure you don't." Lisa's spitting angry voice said and I tilted my head. I was about to say something when I heard sobs. I went toward the cries, instantly knowing it was my mate.