CHAPTER 21

Warzone

*MASON*

We'll have our war. That's what the note said that had ended up in our kitchen after we'd all come back from a day out. Well, that's what it had said to me, but everyone else of course couldn't read the ancient language.

We all rushed outside, my pack followed closely behind me as we ran through the woods. The coordinates of the spot had been attached to the paper and this idiot honestly had the gall to try and boast. If only he knew how ready my pack was to flay him.

"Slow down." I growled as we came to the edge of the forest. I looked out at the old abandoned warehouse. The windows had been boarded up and broken glass scattered the outside. It was a big, sad, gray-walled building and the clouds seemed to pile over it making it appear even gloomier than it already did. There was no grass growing around it, only dirt and crumpled leaves scattered the old broken parking lot adjoining it. I scratched my chin before shoving a hand in my pocket.

What a place for a battle.

"Come on, flank me, and be cautious." I growled and my pack nodded and stayed close by as we walked towards the warehouse.

"So when we get in here, what do we do if we start losing?" Red asked softly and I looked over to her. My wolf growled inside.

A heavy black scarf was wrapped around her neck. To the benefit of both of us, she'd managed to hide my falsely-placed mark. I looked to the scarf before blinking and giving a soft shudder.

"We're not going to lose." I growled. She blinked at me and an emerging frown twitched her left brow.

"I'm just saying I think we need a plan if something goes wron—" she began and I cut her off.

"Nothing's going wrong." I huffed.

"How do you know that? I'm just saying—" she tried.

"Enough Red." I ordered. She looked at me with a scowl.

"Fine. If you won't, I will. Everyone, if it starts going bad retreat to each other. Group up and get out. Got it?" Red growled looking at everyone and I noticed the others nodding softly.

"Red—" I began and she growled, locking eyes with me.

"I'm not going to watch my pack die because of this Mason. If we start losing and Demetrius is too powerful, we need to leave." She snapped and beside me Amber growled warningly.

Red looked at my mate and bared her fangs spitting, "Don't go there. I've been nice to you, but don't fucking try me." The she-wolf's orange-red eyes narrowed into slits and she gave an annoyed huff.

"You're scared." Amber said sounding flustered and Red chuckled softly, but there was not even a slight hint of humor in her laugh.

"Scared? I'm not scared, I'm pissed off that we're out here. This is stupid." Red snapped her eyes blazing and she took a step toward Amber. "This isn't our battle. We could be walking into a massacre; I'm not afraid of death, but I'm pissed at the thought I might not even make it to my nineteenth birthday."

"If anyone's scared it's your punk ass. You reek of it." Red hissed at Amber and wrinkled her nose in disgust.

Amber growled and Red smirked triumphantly.

She gave Amber a snide once-over and grimaced.

"I don't even see why you're even going. Don't you think Demetrius still has control over you?" Red asked tilting her head.