::10:: Home Phone Call

My heels were getting raw from being dragged along for so long. "You know I could just walk. It would save a lot of time and effort, not to mention my pain!"

Jade turned her head back to grin brightly at me. "Yes, but this makes us feel more like kidnapers, and not like friends at a sleep over." So I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Good to know I wasn't going completely insane by myself.

The direction that they dragged me was one that I hadn't noticed. There was a pair of doors that they dragged my past that caught my eye. The entrance was quite fancy with a label above the door frame. The letter were carved out of the wood and then painted in with a black staining paint. The letters spelled one of my most favorite words in the world, 'Library'. This was the direction that I would most likely be heading more often, and enjoying.

I was rather depressed when we kept going past the doors. Why couldn't the way there be through the library? I want to see what kind of books they have. Knowing them it was probably books like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Kidnapping for Dummies.

Without any warning they both dropped my arms simultaneously. The back of my head hit the not-so-soft carpet, making a somewhat dull thud noise.

I produced a death glare at the two of them while I tried to soothe my throbbing head, but all they did was grin brightly at me. "We're here so get off your lazy butt and make a good impression!" Draesen's grin quickly turned serious when they turned to face the door in front of the three of us.

Jade turned to the door and opened it confidently like she knew what she was doing. They both stepped in, and since I had no intention of being dragged in I got up and stood behind them.

Inside the room was a red carpet with a bookcase full of books. I think they were just there for decoration there's no way I could picture a kidnapper reading anything except maybe a hit list or something.

There was a wooden oak desk with a few plants at the base of the desk. Sitting behind the desk in a black leather arm chair was some creepy guy looking at us. His fingers were locked together when he looked at us.

Hold on there. What's going on?

He looked pretty young to be some evil mastermind behind my kidnapping. Don't take me wrong he wasn't like thirty or something. He was more in his late thirties or early forties. He had darker brown hair and electric green eyes. I guess he looked a bit like one of the guys, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Hello Alexandre. How are you?" He smiled forcefully, and his voice didn't have a bit of warmth in it like the phrase would have normally had. He was just saying this so that I might loosen up.

That didn't work so well for me. I didn't reply and he just continued speaking.

"You gave us quite a fright when you went to the doctor. You were in there for a while, but you're very fast at healing aren't you?" What in the hell is he talking about? "I'm glad that I waited to call your father until now. Though I'm very disappointed that your brother couldn't be here too."

He waved Jade and Draesen away, and they left without a word. I looked down and clenched my fists. I thought there might have been a possibility that they wanted both of us as a pair, and now I just got it confirmed.