37 | hollywood

37 | hollywood

I just love you, is all

Axel's leaning against his car in the school parking lot when I get out of my last exam

Axel's leaning against his car in the school parking lot when I get out of my last exam. I smile to myself when I see him, a couple of our classmates around him, talking, and he's laughing, and opening up again, a little more than a week after his mother passed away. 

He acknowledges me with a nod when he notices me approach, and goes back to shaking a dude's hand as he tells him, "I'll be there, man." He slips something into his pocket, and digs out some cash. 

"Nah," the boy shakes his shaggy blonde hair, "think of it as a 'going away' gift." 

Axel chuckles, tucking the cash into the back pocket of his grey shorts and throws an arm around my shoulders, pulling me in. "Thanks, dude," he chuckles, and glances down at me, "you met my girl yet?" 

We both glance up at Axel's friend, and he shakes his head. "I have not," he says, but holds out his hand, "I'm Clay," and leans in a bit to whisper, "I'm your boyfriend's drug dealer." 

I chuckle. "Nice to know," I shake his hand, but he lifts it up to place a kiss on the back of it, "I'm Avi." 

"Well, it's nice to meet you," Clay says, and nods at Axel, "later, dude," as he and his group leave. 

Axel's smiling down at me guiltily when I turn towards him and fold my hands behind the back of his neck. "Told you I was still working on the whole 'weed thing'," he says softly, wrapping his arms around my waist, drawing my chest against his. 

I giggle, kissing his nose, and raise a brow, "you planning on sharing?"

He frowns. "I thought you don't do drugs?" 

I grin. "Well, now I don't have the excuse of my boyfriend not approving, so—"

"Fine," Axel sighs, "I'll share. But only tomorrow night." 

"Sounds like a lot more fun than prom," I laugh as we get into the car. 

Axel sits back against his seat. "I told you I'd take you if you wanted to go, sweetheart," he tells me again. "Prom is dumb as fuck but it'd be fine if I was with you." 

"Awe," I kneel on my seat to lean over and kiss Axel on the lips, "but no," I strap myself in, "I didn't want to go either. I'd rather just be alone with you." 

"Cute," Axel teases, pulling out of the parking lot. "Can we do that today too?"

I nod. "Where should we go?" 

"Oh, I already have the day planned," he smirks. He's been finished school for two days already, so of course he does. 

"Is it with that Clay dude? I heard you say you'd be somewhere."

"No," Axel says, "he was talking about my moving away party. I still have a month. We're good." 

I nod, reaching over to touch Axel's leg. "I'm gonna miss you."