Chapter 10 | friend

•••
Jungkooks point of view

"So we are friends," Jungkook smiled.

"And I am older than you." Jimin let out a relieved sigh.

"So I can just call you Y/N, right? No last names needed," Jungkook said, looking at you, eagerly waiting for you an answer.

"I don't think she's listening," Jimin chuckled. He sat back down.

Jungkook decided to let you be. As you started to drift to the world of dreams, he started playing games on his phone.

—//—

After an hour of playing, Jungkook put his phone down because the games became boring. He decided to start a conversation with you.

He turned to look at you but quickly noticed that you were sleeping. He couldn't help but to keep looking at your sleeping form.

You crunched your nose and itched it with your hand. Slowly, your body shifted to the other side of the chair, increasing the distance between you and Jungkook.

He smiled. He didn't know why, but he felt comfortable with you. Usually it wasn't the case with someone that he found attractive, it would be him acting all mighty and high, trying to be someone he's not. But the girl sleeping next to him just seemed... like a friend?

After looking at you for a few minutes he looked away, his eyes focused on the quickly by passing nature.

Like a little child, he made it his mission to have "eye contact" with every passing tree, and it was slowly but surely marking him dizzy. Before his head would start aching, he stopped focusing on every tree and decided to just admire the light blue sky above.

His eyes were glued to the sky, admiring how the cloudless sky could look so pure. He wondered how the sky could, on some days, look like the darkest safe haven for the darkest of things, literally clouding over him. But then, on other days, it could shine bright, making the person observing it feel tranquility and happiness inside. He also started thinking about a thing that lined up the previous thoughts, his family. He didn't want to stress about the things that were back in Seoul so focusing on something else, someone else seemed like a better option. And whom better to think of than the girl beside him.

The thought of you made him smile slightly.

His chin rested on the palm of his hand. He recalled your cute sassy remarks at the boys and the momentarily 'I'm older than you act'. The way you would go all defence mode when feeling even a little bit attacked made you, in his eyes, the most adorable thing in the world. Especially the pouting you seemed to do whenever you were thinking about a comeback.

After a few minutes passed he turned to look at you once more, only to notice that you were leaning towards his seat. You looked uncomfortable. He hesitated if he should try to move your head to a more comfortable position.

He just looked away. The thought of someone from the past made him uneasy, and he felt as though he wasn't ready to possibly accidentally start another thing. Having ones heart break hurts, especially when it was true love, when it was the air you breathed. So if he chose now not to do anything, maybe the feelings he had inside wouldn't start blooming brighter.

However he knew that he was being too dramatic, so instead being a petty person, he did what he hoped would be done to him. Eventually, after mentally prepping for the unfortunate situation of him waking you up, he moved closer to you, putting his hand lightly on the left side of your head. As soon as he did so, you let out a long breath, making his movement alongside heart stop.