Chapter 2 | tears

• • •
A short chapter

Ah... I hope the teacher doesn't kill me, you thought. The assignment that was due today was making you stressed.

Laziness had taken you over during the weekend and binge watching Empire without getting out of bed seemed like a good idea. Every moment of hesitation was shut down by Minhee, so the weekend, literally, flew by. But now the worry of it made you regret doing so.

Your fault for living with her, the angel in your head crossed its hands.

She's the best thing that ever happened to us, the devil answered.

You chuckled and picked up your pace to meet your sister from another mother. She would be the one to cheer you up, she always did.

Practically running, but still making sure you didn't bump into anyone, you entered the cafeteria and started looking around.

Your eyes landed on a sight that made your heart burn at a thousand degrees.

Every cell in your body became enraged by the sight, a sight that made killing someone seem like drinking water, vital.

"Minhee!" you rushed over to your friend on the ground soaked with what looked like coffee.

This is someone else's coffee, my best friend hates coffee.

You kneeled down to be on the same level with her, "What happened, are you okay?"

You cupped her cheek with your left hand and slid it to be on her shoulder. With your right hand you held her hand.

Her grip on your hand was loose.

In slight panic, you checked if she had any injuries on her body.

When you made sure that she had nothing major you asked again: "What happened?"

No answer. She didn't even give you a look.

You felt frustration and anger increasing inside of you.

You looked around at the people who didn't help your friend before you came, you even noticed how some of them had phones in their hands. You were ready to explode and kick each and everyones ass. But you had to take care of Minhee first and then kill the son of a bitch who did this.

After looking around you brought your eyes back to the girl who had still not said a word.

You brought your hand gently to her chin and pushed it just slightly so that you could see her eyes, tears.

If you thought you were angry before, you had another thing coming. The anger turned into rage and made you ready to rip the person who did this to shreds.

The small sniff that came out of Minhee made you soften up and calm down the thoughts in your head.

"Tell me who did this," you said in desperation.

"Let's go Y/N, just get me out of here," she let out.

You obeyed.

You picked your friend up and placed her wet arm around your neck. The coffee dripped down your neck, the smell of the liquid making its presence very clear.

"Shit..." she said under her breath.

"It's okay," you reassured your friend.

You were not looking at Minhee as you started guiding your friend who had her head down. While walking you noticed the students were looking at you with either an awe or a hint of sadness in their eyes. How dare they just stand by without doing anything?

Your eyes landed on a group whom seemed to have amusement in their eyes. "What the fuck are you looking at," you couldn't control yourself. "Just keep on looking, you motherfu-"

You heard another sniff from your side.

You immediately went back to reassuring her that everything was okay.

"I got you."

As you were walking to the girls restroom, Minhees grip on you tightened. You could sense the sadness radiating from her body.

Again and again you cursed internally every person that was there and decided to not help the poor girl. How embarrassed she must have been.

You swore to punish the piece of shit that dared to do this to your friend.

Before almost reaching your desired destination, you heard a familiar laugh from infront of you. Minhee's crush and the damned group of his were nearing you. For two weeks you had managed to stay out of their sight, but now.. out of all the times they could have passed you by in an empty hallway the chose this.

Minhee will probably become even more embarrassed of what has happened if they know who you guys are. So you tried to do the same thing you usually had done; avoid them as much as you could.

"No, hyung I wouldn't do that! Stop saying that," a voice said and in response he got laughs and pushes from his friends.

You picked up the pace of your steps to be quicker. Trying to avoid any contact with them you also lowered your head and looked at the ground.

As you were passing them you felt your shoulder gently brush against one of theirs, you ignored it and kept on walking and quickly disappeared around corner.

The other party however noticed it.

"Oh, sorry."

• • •