Chapter 5 | announcement

•••

•••

"Good morning sleepyhead," you heard and felt a bright light hit your eyelids. You groaned and pulled the blanket over your head.

I don't want to get up, let me sleep! You groaned internally.

"We have to go to school," You heard a gentle voice say. "Come on now, don't make me pour water on you."

You just moved into a fetus position and groaned. Bad decision. Suddenly your body was exposed to the cold air outside of your blanket, making your eyes shoot open at the speed of light. The light hurt them and your hand moved to bring a shadow to protect them from the sun rays that what like knives stabbing into your eye sockets, then you managed to look at a smiling Minhee with your blanket in her hand.

She took your blanket... lets just kill her, yeah let's do that. What is the fastest way to murder your family member? Said the little devil on your left shoulder.

Stop being so barbaric, answered the angel.

"You have 30 minutes," she said and threw your blanket as far as possible.

You gave her an "I hate you" and proceeded to get up from the comfortable bed of yours. Your hand reached for your phone.

"Love you too," she answered and exited the room.

You checked the date.

Ahh 24th, we are going meet dad today right after school, you remembered. I have to look nice.

You walked to your closet and stood there looking at the clothes you had. A lot of hoodies, t-shirts, leggings and sweatpants. You sighed and walked to your other, smaller closet that held your, air quote, fancier clothes. You pulled out a black shirt and black jeans.

First you put those on and walked to the mirror, knowing that Minhee was going to look fire you knew you had to put on something a bit more colourful. You walked back to the closet and looked into it, hoping that it would magically hand you something to wear. Your eyes landed on a dark red sweater.

"That's colourful enough," you shrugged your shoulders and pulled it out.

After matching a pair of black shoes and a fitting jacket, you took your phone and the books that you needed and headed to the kitchen. There you found an excited Minhee waiting for you with your black bag.

She looked very good, like she had her life together. The navy blue trench-jacket made her look like she was the owner of big company. You kept eyeing her as she got up with a big smile in between her cheeks, handing you your bag.

"Damn girl you clean up nicely," she said.

"You too," you pointed at her after setting your books on the table.