Rehearsal Dinner

Jan 26th, 2018, 5:48 PM

Today is the day before the wedding. I and Ed went to pick up Ashley, Tyler, and Fred from the airport. Jan and Bert are already here. They arrived this morning. All the preparations had been made. I would've been appointed both Best Man and Maid of Honor if it was possible. But my aunt-to-be is the Maid of Honour. She had helped me with the preparations and Mom with, well, everything. She introduced me to the best confectionary in California and I can't wait to taste the cake. Well, of course, I'd tried it but now it will be 'The Wedding Cake'. A five-tier wedding cake dressed in pure white pearl-like ornaments and flowers. Of course, they showed me the sketches and a miniature model.

My Dad's best friend is his Best Man. He had planned Dad's Bachelor's Party. For the wedding, he helped Dad in selecting the location, contacted the team of planners who helped me out in all this. We'd be serving the scotch and I've already kept half a dozen of bottles for ourselves. Dad has finalized this Armani tux and I'm already giving him two thumbs up.

"Are you sure it looks good?" he asked again.

"Of course, Dad. You look like a model," okay that was an overstatement. But my Dad is very handsome for his age.

"Thanks. I'm just a little nervous," he admitted.

"Haven't you done this before, Mr. Clayton?" Ed asked.

"Nothing prepares you for this, son," he said and Ed sighed. 

"I'm planning on procrastinating my marriage for another eternity," Ed said in a hushed voice. I laughed.

My Dad got a call. Since he came back, he had been handling everything along with Merilyn. So, that gave me the free time I didn't want, to think about my pathetic life choices in the department of love.

Turned out, I got Cameron on Ed's radar. He doesn't show it but I know he'll throw a punch at him at the instant he sees him. I sighed. I just hope they won't see each other for a long, long time. 

Jan and Bert are talking to Ashley, Tyler, and Fred in the guest room. We have a rehearsal dinner in half an hour. I'm wearing a light blue evening gown with my hair sophisticatedly tied in a bun. I look classy and elder. Like more responsible. As if I hadn't been throwing my guts out in a public restroom last night.

I'm wearing the charm bracelet Ed gave me and the half moon necklace I mistook for C like I mistook his words for emotions. Dad is finally ready and I gave him a bear hug.

"Let's do this," he took a sigh and I and Ed laughed.

We hired a limo to drive us to the location. Our cars wouldn't be able to drive all ten of us there. Dad obviously went in his BMW with his Best Man as his designated driver. I'm very close to Uncle Richard. He knew Dad since high school and always bring me exotic chocolates and stuff toys. This year he brought me five boxes of Swiss Chocolate and a cashmere sweater. Her wife Bella chose that one and I just loved it.

I've told the driver to do a quick detour to pick up Lota. I've been planning on introducing her to my friends. It's just an ultimate get together session. She fitted perfectly in the group with her witty remarks and a great sense of humor. 

Just one more person and this would've been complete. I miss him. Like a lot. I had so many plans. I wanted Lota to meet him. I wanted the Hardwicks to meet Mom and Dad. I knew Clarissa and Merilyn would get along. I wanted Dad to meet Harris and I missed Betty. 

She would've met Nathan, Uncle Richard's son. They would've totally hit it off. I once told her about him and she was so looking forward to it. "Oh my God. Why don't boys like him exist in my school?" she'd said. "Because he's half English. I swear you have to hear him talking. If I see a shooting star passing by I swear I would make a wish that he had a big brother," I said dreamily.