Wedding Preparation

Jan 15, 2018

Ed had left like 10 days ago. We talk over phone and facetime. We kept humiliating each other and play lame best friends games over Whatsapp. The other day he asked me my Facebook password and booked me a date with a random guy. He was hot but one of the people who seem bright only before they start speaking. Well, that's what I would call him. Ed laughed his ass off when I told him about my horrible blind date.

We talked to Tyler, Ashley, and Fred too. It came as a shock to them that I and Ed shared so much of a history. "National Science Fair- reconnecting lost friends since the beginning," Tyler joked. "It's such a Cinderella story," Fred commented. "It's nothing like Cinderella, Fred. It was more like Little Mermaid. They met unexpectedly and then they found each other again but Prince didn't know she was her long-lost love," Ashley said dreamily. "Now you guys are going off track," Ed commented. "Anyways, why isn't Cameron on the line?" Fred asked. "He's busy with....his family. They have this reunion," I lied. I really had no idea. He might be busy shoving his tongue down Diana's throat.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for them. Okay, who am I kidding? I'm not happy. It still hurts and everytime someone mentions him, my mind goes back to the night when he kissed her on his porch. It's like getting hurt once and then falling and hurting yourself at the same spot again. And the worst part is, whenever the wound comes closer to heal they are wide open again. I try to be happy for them. I really try. And I know Diana's been hurt too. Seeing us together, even if it was a lie. But he didn't tell Diana that he loved her. He didn't let Diana believe that he actually loved her. I know it was my fault. I could've prevented this if I only had the courage to confess earlier.

"When is it, Dawn?" I heard Tyler. "What? You weren't audible," I lied. I zoned out. "I was asking the date of the wedding?" he said loud and clear. "27th Jan," I told him. "How's the preparation going?" Ashley asked. "Pretty nice but I'll appreciate if you could come a day or two earlier. I've also called Jan and Bert," I requested. "Sure, mail us the address," Fred told me. "Roger that! And Ed, you better get your lazy ass here on time. I'm completely losing it," I said frustratingly. "Sure, Birdy. I'll get there on 21st. You happy now?" he said as if I was a kid.

"Have you decided the flavor yet?" I heard the caterer in the back. "Red Velvet is good," I suggested. She nodded. "I'll need you to finalize the list of dishes you would want to serve too," she told me. "I'll text you," I told her. "Ma'am, you would like hibiscus or lilies?" a man asked me. "Hibiscus, I guess. Wait, show me the pamphlets first," I told him. He went to bring some booklets on decoration.

"Guys, I'll get to you later," I told them. They wished me luck.

I engaged myself in organizing and planning for the wedding. I wanted everything to be perfect and working hard for it. My dad wanted to hire an event organizer but I told him I wanted to do it. It was the easiest way to keep my mind off Cameron. I hadn't missed him since morning until now. I wish he was here. He was always good at planning parties and events. I sighed. Get over him, Clayton.

Hours passed by. Ed's been calling me like he's house's on fire and calling me will extinguish it. "I went through the list of invites like you said. It was supposed to be small. There are over 600 people coming," he told me. I sighed. "I know, but Dad's and Mom's friends and colleagues and then relatives and it's a long list you know," I told him. "I know. Are you okay? I'll catch the first flight to California tomorrow," he sounded concerned. "No. Please. You needed to play this game. You worked so hard and I can't let you ruin it. There's no way you're ditching the match," I threatened. "Yes, ma'am. I'll be there on 21st though. Just 5 more days," he reminded. My phone buzzed. "Oh shoot will you call Stella?" she would sue me. "Right away," he laughed and hung up.