Chapter 13

"2 and a half weeks since we arrived here Namjoon," You said. Shomin was sleeping in between you and Namjoon and you waited for the raccoon to wake up before you actually moved off.
"Namjoon?"
Someone had called Namjoon's name. Although it was vague, you could still hear it. The wolves' ears perked up and Shomin woke up and looked at that direction.
"That sounded like Jin," Namjoon said.
"Y/n?"
"See? Isn't it Jin? They're still here! They're still alive and haven't left us!" Namjoon told you.
"Jin?" You called back.
"Jin!" Namjoon called. You and Namjoon followed the sound of Jin's voice. Only to come to a recorder by Jin had accidentally dropped. You and Namjoon mentally face-palmed.
"Ugh, that's nothing," Namjoon said, "It's evening, let's go and sleep, Shomin had provided us food, let's go,"
You followed Namjoon back down the hill in disappointment.
You stroked Minyang while leaning on Namjoon's shoulder.
You sat back up when you realized what you were doing.
'Y/n, answer yourself! Do you like Namjoon? Cuz if you don't why do you keep being so loving to him like you're his girlfriend or what!' You thought. You shifted away and patted the earth for Shomin to sleep as the poor creature was sleeping near the sea. He crept near and cuddled with you in return. You smiled back at the cute one, as you closed your eyes and fell asleep. The morning came quick and you were the first awake. You heard from behind, the sound of a gun trigger being pulled back. Before you knew it, a bullet had shot sleeping Minra. A whine came from Minra and Namjoon jolted awake. Minyang got up but you pushed him down. Shomin was checking on Minra when you heard another trigger was being pulled back, Namjoon grabbed Shomin on the neck and Shomin gave a yelp as the bullet flew past Shomin. You spun round and shot another arrow at them. One hit a guy's elbow as another aimed to shoot again. Being a fast thinker, you spun back again and shot back at that other one. The two backed away as you finally allowed Minyang to go over to his friend.
"Minra, Minra please don't die," Namjoon pleaded, covering the wound with his hand, "What were they?" Namjoon eyes were tearry.
"Poachers," You replied, helping Namjoon stop the bleeding. Minra was breathing quickly. You knew she was trying to stay alive.
"What did they want with her?" Namjoon was internally crying, he was fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall.
"Poachers!" You exclaimed. Your heart broke when you saw Minyang shaking Minra enthusiastically, trying to wake her up.
"They also wanted Shomin, they aimed at him after he appeared at Minra, they wanted their skin! Their coat. For carpets and clothes, it's a cruel thing," You were crying. Minyang was howling and whining. Namjoon was wiping away tears but you knew he was closer to Minra and he had no one else as Minyang was closer to you and Shomin wasn't closer to anyone. But ultimately, he loved Minra, and you understood his pain.
"Minra, please stay awake," Namjoon pleaded, he couldn't resist holding back. He has lost the war with tears, those tears just fell and you were hurting so bad when you saw those tears fall. Minra's tongue was sticking out. Her breathing had tragically stopped. You placed your hand on her chest and felt no heartbeat. Namjoon was checking for breath too. And none was coming from her. Namjoon broke down so hard. Minyang gave another howl and was devastated. Shomin wasn't any confused. But he just sat there and stared. He stopped eating, he stopped cleaning himself.
"Minra..." Namjoon cried for her the last time, before he got up and left her. Namjoon and you decided to bury Minra properly. Namjoon and you dug a hole with our hands and placed Minra in, covering her up after. Namjoon cried and cried when we covered her up. Minyang was whining.
Tears were just running down my cheeks as I stood thwre with Namjoon.
When you and Namjoon started walking off, you were comforting Namjoon. And Shomin and Minyang weren't following you or Namjoon, Minyang was still there with Minra. Shomin reached out a paw and comforted Minyang. Namjoon and you cried even more seeing that. But Minyang got carried by you and Shomin was carried by Namjoon. Namjoon was obviously hurting when he left. He did everything with Minra, and she was gone, Gone for good.