"I want to know where KnoAAAAAAAAA!" The Qalupalik grabbed my arm, pulling me into her wet chest. Her arms wrapped around me as she glared at Nova, making a weird sound, vibrating from her stomach to her throat. For a moment I thought she would throw up.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" I shouted, trying to get off the wet green monster, but she was literally bear-hugging me, so no luck.

Nova stood up and chuckled. If it wasn't for the fact there was a probably human-eating monster hugging me right now, I would be surprised at her chuckle and even (I never said this, okay?) find it cute. But given the fact she was mocking me in the situation I was... I was glaring at her. "She wants to adopt you."

"She WHAT?"

Like it wasn't enough for a gnome announcing around he was my daddy (not that I have anything against Jett, I love him a lot) now I have a Qalupalik wanting to be my mommy. Is it my fault or what? Because my real parents left me two years after I was born, probably getting bored of me, in the doorstep of a foster home. Then I get magical creatures wanting to adopt me... I don't have any explanation about this.

When Jett followed me, saying he was going to raise me, I found it ridiculous and took it as a joke, even though I smiled at the thought, finding it comforting. But now that this Qalupalik wants to adopt me? I'm freaking freaking out of my freaking mind. Seriously?

HELP!!!

"Help me!" I pleaded to Nova, who just took a few steps back to take a better look of me and the Qalupalik hugging me, biting her lower lip to keep herself from laughing. How in hell could she find this funny?

The Qalupalik closed her eyes, her big mouth, forming what looked suspiciously like a smile and it purred, hugging me even tighter.

And that my dear friends, was all it took to make Nova burst out laughing. It was the first time seeing her like that, and even though whatever was happening, I couldn't help but smile a little bit at that. Just a little bit. I was doing my best to cover it up though by acting annoyed and all. "Yeah, yeah.
Laugh all you want. We will see who will laugh, when this" I pointed at the still-purring-like-a-happy-cat Qalupalik. "bites my head and my brains explode all over your face."

"You're disgusting." Nova said making a face, a smile still playing playfully on her lips.

"And you're annoying." You could as well have taken me for a three year old with the tone I used and the sticking out of my tongue thing.

"I'm annoying? YOU are annoying AND a total idiot." The smile disappeared, making me regret whatever I said. I liked seeing her smile. (I didn't say that) now she looked pissed. And I definitely didn't like that.

"At least I don't go Godzilla at every living creature breathing on my way." Because, yes Angus. That is exactly what you should say to a girl to calm her down. Bravo! *clap, clap* Bravo!

"You freaking jerk!" Her voice shook the whole cave, making the snow fall from the ceiling. It looked like it was snowing inside the cave and it was beautiful, but the angry Nova (who scared the hell out of me) didn't let me appreciate it. "It's not my fault you are a total moron who doesn't respect the other's personal space."

"It was just one freaking hug, Nova!" My voice sounded so angry, it even made the Qalupalik stop purring and surprisingly made Nova finally shut up. Her eyes were glued to me with some kind of expression I couldn't quite read, her lips parted at the probably cut off words she was about to stay. On the other hand the Qalupalik looked from me to Nova a couple of times, and it finally figured out that we're having a fight. So like the overprotective "mommy" she was, she dropped me on the ground (because that's what you do to your children to show them your love. You drop them on ground) and chased after Nova.

In that one short second when all of that happened, I felt that little color I had in my face leave me, and the blood freeze in my body. The sight of the furious Qalupalik, bearing her teeth to Nova, her long nails directed at her like knives, scared the life out of me, making me panic as I shouted a long terrified "Noooooo!".

And just like every time I freak out, I went for the most stupid thing I could do in those moments.

I threw a snowball at the Qalupalik's head.

She stopped in mid attack, completely frozen. Then she slowly turned her head to me, her long black hair falling on her face, giving me Samara vibes, and she let out a loud growl that put Nova's shouts to shame.

"I'm... sorry?" My voice came out high. Come on. It's just a little snow. You live in a freaking iceberg.
"RUN!" Nova shouted and I didn't need to be told twice.

The moment I started to run, the Qalupalik chased after me, her long knife-like nails almost reaching my back. "She is a very bad mommy!!!"

The Qalupalik growled once again, scratching her hand towards me. Her nails cut three long deep lines on my back, blood rushing out immediately, as I shouted out in pain. Great. It's just the beginning of the task and I get attacked by five cyclopes and now getting killed my a psychotic monster who wanted to be my mommy. What a way to be the mighty Rodor. What a way to die.

I didn't even had the opportunity to fall in the ground, as the Qalupalik grabbed me by my ankle (for the second time). My head hit the ground hard before she held me up, opening her huge mouth.
She was going to eat me. SHE WILL EAT ME!!!

But my head had gone out of function after high fiving the ground, so I couldn't do nothing but see that mouth open wide (it smelled terrible) and wait my head go in there.

Then, out of nowhere, the Qalupalik let out a ear deafening scream, a terrible sound that could make my ears bleed, and she dropped me on the ground... with my head. It won't be a surprise if I have brain damage if I get alive out of this.

Not being able to stand up, with the red blood, coloring the white snow under me, and my head pounding after high fiving the ground for the second time, I watched Nova like I have never seen her before. The cave seemed to become ten times darker than it naturally was. Nova was standing right behind the Qalupalik, holding her ancient dagger that glowed like it had fire trapped in itself, green blood dripping down of it. But what managed to amuse me even in the condition I was, was how Nova had changed. Her galaxy colored hair had hints of Tiffany blue here and there mixing the colors, and her green and cognac brown eyes looked like the colors had a fight and the green won. Emerald green. It looked like shadows were coming out of her body, like gray ink dropped on water. Floating and mixing with the cold air of the cave, almost like tentacles. And there was a little side smile on the corner of her lips, that was what made her scarier.

One of those tentacles reached out and grabbed the wounded screaming in pain Qalupalik by her waist holding it up, like she held me a few seconds ago. To my amusement the Qalupalik looked terrified. It was struggling to escape, letting out even more deafening sounds. But it was hopeless.

"I hate to kill you." Nova said in a calm voice. She looked at the terrified Qalupalik titling her head a little bit. Then she dropped her in the ground.

The Qalupalik, instead of attacking, stepped away from Nova, with fear in her eyes, and the moment Nova stepped towards her, she sprinted off the cave and jumped in water.

After seeing all that, I was out of anything I could say. She had handled the situation all alone, and in a very nicely (even though a little bit creepy) way, while I was playing damsel in distress. Nova walked to me, helping me to stand up.

Managing somehow to smile at her, I murmured. "I like your hair." Because I'm a total idiot.

"I like you half dead." Nova glared at me, dropping me on the ground. I let out a cry of pain and wanted to glare at her, but I was to powerless to even breath. That and she looked less scary with her hair having hints of Tiffany blue. And her eyes.. emerald green eyes... were beautiful. She looked... cute (I definitely never said that).

"I wasn't kidding about the hair." I murmured to her, as she helped me up again. "It's a nice change."

With the corner of my eyes, I saw her blush a little. That made me smile for some reason. "Shut up."

"Whatever you say, Sunshine."

"Moron."