C14: COLLEGE DAY

Xavier's POV
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
I woke up to Athena shaking the bed. I opened my eyes to see her shaking and crying in her sleep. I put my arm around her waist and she snuggled closer to me. I put the covers over us and fell asleep again.

CLICK...CLICK...CLICK
"Babyyyyy, why didnt you lock the door?" I heard Athena say. Then the warmth of the bed was gone. I opened my eyes to see Athena lifting Scar bridal style, taking her out the door, and dropping her at the doorway. She then closed the door and locked it. I got up and hugged her from behind massaging her sides knowing its her favorite thing.

"Im sorry I didnt lock the door. But are you okay?" I kissed her on the cheek. She turned around and looked confused. I still kept massaging her sides.

"What do you mean?"

"You had a nightmare last night. Do you want to talk about it?" She just shook her head and looked down silently sobbing.

"Please dont cry. Its ok...Its going to be ok." I reassured her and she soon stopped crying. I lifted her, she wrapped her legs around my waist, and I sat on the bed with her on my lap. I wiped her tears away. I looked at her face as she laid her head on my shoulder. So beautiful.

"Who was it?" I asked gently.

"My mom getting killed in front of me." She replied quickly. I just stayed quiet. She then added on

"The Pythons were the ones who did it." I was shocked. They know and they're not doing anything.

"Why doesn't your father do anything about it?"

"Nobody knows except me. The next day after she was killed, they came to our house. They thought my dad would be in a vulnerable state, but he was at a meeting that day. I had already trained myself to fight 2 guys and being able to handle weapons. No one knew about that either. They just thought it was the 'mafia blood' in me. So they tried to kidnap me and Letty, but I severely injured them as a warning for the leader. Once they left, I cleaned the house and it was like nothing happened that day." Wow. I cant believe she went through all this at 5.

"Why didnt you tell them?"

"I've been making a plan to kill them for years. If I told them, they would just ruin my plan and their anger will get the best of them. I need to bring the leader here, so we can torture him. I do want him to feel what its like to lose loved ones. But I dont kill children or innocent mothers." She sighed sitting up on my lap. She then turned to me.

"You cannot tell anyone. Not even Julia, Chris, anyone. Promise?"

"I promise." I replied and we got ready. We all decided to wear Harvard shirts because we all got offered to go there. But we're not because we decided not to go to college. I was done getting ready, while I saw Ath putting on her black half necklace. I always saw her and Scar wear it except Scar's was white. I never knew what it was for, so I asked.

"Why do you always wear that necklace?"

"My mom always wore the full necklace. But when she was pregnant with Letty, she split it in half. She always called me her little devil so I got black. Which is also how I got the middle name. Letty was the little angel. Therefore, she got white." She smiled thinking of the memory and I smiled seeing it.

Athena's POV
We then went downstairs with Xavier holding my waist. Then Maddie came up to me with tears in her eyes pulling on my leggings. I picked her up

"Hey Maddie. Whats wrong?" I asked with concern in my voice.

"My sis doesnt want me anymore." Liz cried. I just comforted her and she calmed down.