- 17

As Hyungwon sat down in front of his boss, he handed him the neatly ordered papers, with informations he had gathered about patients the last few days.

Doctor Lee thanked him and gave him a charming smile as he let his fingers lightly brush against Hyungwon's.
The nurse awkwardly smiled back and quickly put his hand back on his lap.

"As usual, I have nothing to say. I'm very pleased with your work, Mister Chae."

He put the papers on the side without really looking at them, clearly showing no interest in them at the moment.
He got up and walked to a little shelf on the side of his office table.

His boss took two cups out and filled them with hot coffee that a young nurse had nicely brought a few minutes prior.
He had his back turned to Hyungwon, his butt sticking out a little, letting his nicely shaped hips stand out, obviously on display for the nurse behind him to see.

"How many cubes of sugar in your coffee ?" he sunddely asked, cutting Hyungwon out of his little reverie.

Hyungwon quickly apologized, even if there was no need to, telling his boss how he appreciated the gesture, but really didn't like coffee.

"My bad" answered Doctor Lee.

He took his own and put it down on his table.

"Well, you're done for today I guess."
He walked to the door, inviting Hyungwon to do the same with a hand motion.
"You're free to leave now."

Hyungwon bowed and stepped forward before the door closed right in his face, surprising him and almost making him stumble.
He felt a hand on his arm and soon, another firmly wrapped around his waist. Before he could react, Doctor Lee spoke again.

"Only if you want to."

Hyungwon's heart started beating like crazy and suddenly started panicking. His mind went blank for a second but before his boss had a chance of getting any closer, he pushed him off and he blurted out "Sorry I can't. I- I have my sister's baby to watch after tonight and I promised I wouldn't be late."
He opened the door in a hurry and, after mumbling another sort of apology, he got out of here as fast as he could.

After a full day and this little event, he felt exhausted.
He quickly got in his car and went home, putting on his favorite music on to relax a little.

When he got home, a very hungry Choco literally threw herself in his arms and meowed loudly.
Annoying, but familiar. So familiar and comfortable, that it made the tense boy smile after the things he had just gone through.

He got her bowl filled with food and watched her eat, appreciating the calm and warm aura of his small apartment.
He remembered his excuse to get away from his boss and he laughed, looking at Choco.
"A baby to look after.... not sure that really was a lie after all."

And as he thought about the hospital, the next thing that came to mind was Hoseok.
The beautiful, sweet and shy Hoseok.... the depressed, sad and anxious Hoseok he had started taking a liking for.
He smiled at the thought of the soft boy who was probably lonely at the moment.

After thinking about him, he got an idea.
He took his cellphone out of his jean pocket and opened the camera. Squatting down to Choco's level, he scratched the top of her head and took the best pictures he could.

He smiled to himself.

"These ones are for Hoseok."

He happily went to the kitchen, making himself a cup of hot chocolate, and not coffee, this time.