- 16

Knock knock.

As usual now, Hyungwon received a positive answer and entered the room.

This time, when he walked in, Hoseok was lying in bed, a phone in his hand.
He sat up and the nurse started casually chit chatting.

He just couldn't ignore him. He was extremely nice to him and very cautious with not overstepping any line, which was incredibly appreciated by Hoseok.

He had a very hard time trusting anyone, let alone talk to anyone or even smile at them.
Sure, the nurses were nice, but they were still strangers that didn't understand his way of seeing things and didn't respect his comfort zone.
Hospital or not, he wasn't about to open up to anyone about the negative thoughts he was trapped with, the fears he had hidden deep within or even talk to them. He just couldn't.

But for once, he had started liking this person who came to check on him everyday.
Mister Chae Hyungwon had a very relaxing aura and he felt comfortable around him. His deep and calm voice made Hoseok feel a bit at ease.
And speak of the devil, Mister Chae had just taken a seat next to him, careful not to come too close, but enough to get his attention.

"Are you a cat lover ?"

That sudden question sparked the boy's interest. Hoseok turned to face the nurse who had, probably not consciously, the most charming smile on.

"Oh uh- yeah, I am." He coughed. "I really really am."

He was about to ask why the sudden interest, but he followed his gaze to find it inspecting his phonecase. It was white and had cute pointy ears, as well as a fluffy key chain that was supposed to represent a cat's tail.

He tried a smile at the man, looking at him in the eyes for the first time. He had avoided looking at him too much, but the moment he met his sweet gaze, he felt like he had missed out on something beautiful.

Mister Chae Hyungwon was gorgeous, on top of being a really pleasant person to be around.

And as he wondered about the nurse in front him, he suddenly blurted out what crossed his mind.

"What about you ? Do you like cats ?"