- 3

Hyungwon took a deep breath and gave two sharp knocks on the door.

He heard a voice inside and opened the door, walking inside the room.

"Hello, nice to meet you", he bowed. "I am the nurse who will take care of you, Mister Chae Hyu–"

When he looked up, he got cut off by surprise.

He was definitely not expecting to be faced with such a beautiful person.

The boy sitting in front of him looked absolutely gorgeous.
Hyungwon couldn't tell what surprised him the most ; the gleaming white skin, the broad shoulders, the glossy red lips –or maybe it was the bleached hair ?

A voice cut him from his little daydream.

"Hm.... Is something wrong, mister ?"

Hyungwon cursed at himself for being so awkward. He blinked and bowed apologetically.

"Sorry ! I got distracted, don't mind me", he finally smiled at the boy and continued. "As I was saying, My name is Chae Hyungwon. You are Shin Hoseok, right ?"

The boy bowed back and nodded.

Hyungwon took out a pen and a small notebook, and walked closer to Hoseok.

"First, we're going to see what you want to eat today", he gave him another smile, even though he didn't get one back.

"So, do you prefer mashed potatoes with–"

" –with chicken, yes, please."

Hyungwon looked very surprised but nodded and wrote down anyways.

Doctor Lee was right ; this patient was indeed hard to communicate with.

"Ok, that's noted."

He then handed the blond boy towels that he had in his arms.

"Here, use these. I'll take the dirty ones later when I'll come make your bed."

"Or you can just give me bed sheets and I'll do it myself ?"

Hyungwon was, once again, taken aback by the boy's assurance.

Generally, people were okay with someone assisting them and doing everything for them.
But apparently, this Hoseok boy was not okay with anyone helping him.

Hyungwon couldn't blame him. Accepting that you can receive help could be very hard for some patients at first.

He sighed and decided to just leave. He was clearly not welcome at the moment and he needed to give Hoseok some time and space.

He bowed and left with the nicest smile he could, even if he was a bit disappointed.
Whenever his help was not welcomed by a patient, he felt very useless, as if he'd failed at his job.

But he was going to come back and do it anyways.