- 14

After a whole afternoon working and taking care of patients, Hyungwon was feeling exhausted. He wanted to go home already, and play video games with a cup of hot chocolate.

He came into the locker room and changed. He put his bag on one shoulder and walked towards the elevator before stopping.
Something felt wrong leaving so fast, he kinda felt the need to go and check on Hoseok.

So he did. He knew he was not meant to but he just couldn't help the need to help this guy.

He almost ran to Hoseok's room and stopped in front of it.

Knock knock.

"Yes ?"

Hyungwon, suddenly shy, walked in slowly, squeezing his bag in his hand.

"Hm, I was gonna go home but I wanted to ask how it went with your dad."

Hoseok froze, before putting the book he had in his hands down and finally turning around to face Hyungwon.
He rubbed his nape uncomfortably before just saying "Don't worry, it went alright. Go home, I'm sure you need to rest".

The nurse was very touched at those words. Rare were the patients who cared about him. Nurses were here to fulfill the patients' needs and they generally didn't care about their well-being.

Yet here was the sweet Hoseok, too polite to start ranting to a guy who in reality probably just wanted to go home.
He probably had a girlfriend waiting for him at home with a warm and tasty meal. Maybe he even had a family, Hoseok thought.

So in the end, Hyungwon just walked out.
He stopped before going out and spoke up "That's sweet of you but I'm not that happy to go home. I'll be alone as soon as I walk out of this hospital so caring for my patients is what matters most to me."
He lowered his head "Especially you. I want to see you smile Mr.Shin" and he finnaly walked out of the hospital.