He shifts his laptop so that the screen is facing me, and I am kind of surprised at what I see.

"Ed Sheeran?"

"So you know about him too?" He looks slightly disappointed.

"No offense Sir, but that guy is the best singer in the whole world" I let him know my opinion about Ed Sheeran.

He rolls his eyes, "So my daughters say too"

"Don't mind me asking, but why are you googling him again?"

"My daughters want to go to his concert and I am just trying to figure out if sending them to the city alone just for a concert will be worth it"

"In my opinion Sir, it is definitely worth it. I went to one in the UK a few years ago, and it was the best experience ever"

"So I should send them?" He asks me curiosly.

"Absolutely" I nod, mostly because it is Ed Sheeran and everybody should go to at least one of his concert, and also because I know his daughters. They can take care of themselves, what with having mates and all. 

The old man looks thoughtful before nodding.

"Okay. I'll take your word for it and send my daughters" he smiles at me and then says, "You may leave"

"Huh?"

"Go take an early break or something, you are done for today"

"Uh..."

"Leave, Miss Anderson" He dismisses me but I don't budge from my position.

"Can't you give me some more numericals to solve or something?"

"No"

"Why not?" I fold my hands against my chest to glare at him.

"Because I don't have any prepared right now"

"What kind of teacher are you?"

"A lazy one whose daughters are driving him crazy"

I give him a look, "I'll just go sit in my seat then"

"And whisper answers to other students?" He raises a brow. "Just go to the cafeteria, Miss Anderson. The bell is going to ring for recess in 10 minutes and you can skip the crowd and grab your lunch first"

"But-"

"Close the door on your way out, Miss Anderson" is his last words to me before he goes back to his laptop.

Huffing, and muttering profanities under my breath, I beeline towards the atrium. That is where we have the tables spread for lunch.

Slamming my bag on my usual table, I stare blankly at the walls of the cafeteria, ignoring the lunch lady, who is looking at me expectantly.

Not happening lady. I don't take my lunch from you. I steal it. Kind of.

Getting bored, I fish out my mobile phone from my bag and scroll through my Instagram, double tapping on any and every posts from my friends back in Spain.

I ignore the 13 different dms though. I know what they will say, and though I feel guilty, I am not going to reply.

I jerk back when I get a call. It's from Uncle Ed.

Why is he calling me again? It's not that time of the month yet...

I pick up the call anyway and his words to me are, "shouldn't you be in class?"

"Why did you call me if you knew I should be in class?" I retort.

"I only just estimated the time difference" He sounds sheepish, and I roll my eyes.