28

Double because I'm amazing :)

***

"Psst.. Alpha.." Mitch whispers at 4 AM, gently tapping Scott.

"Mmh? What's wrong? Is Peyton okay?" He looks over at Mitch, concern written on his face.

"Yeah, we're both fine, I just... I couldn't sleep. I'm sorry, it's stupid, you can go back to sleep." Scott turns so he's facing Mitch.

"Alright, let's go." Scott gets up and puts on joggers and a sweatshirt.

"What? No, you're tired, I can just bare through it."

"Yes, I am very tired, but I'm not going back to sleep unless I know you are too. So put these on," He gets one of his sweaters and hands it to Mitch to change into, along with a pair of Mitch's leggings. Mitch stands up and changes into the clothes.

"I'm sorry." He tells Scott after he's in the outfit. Scott walks closer to him and gently grabs his chin so he'll look at him.

"Don't be sorry, you can't help it. I swear that I will never be mad at you for waking me up if you can't sleep or have a nightmare. And why is that?"

"Because you love me?"

"Because I love you, my angel." He kisses Mitch once before letting go of his chin.

"I love you, too." Scott grabs Mitch's hand as they go downstairs and outside.

"So we could either go to Walmart and shop for stuff we don't need or we could go walk on the beach." Mitch chooses the second option, so they drive to the beach.

"I remember the first time you brought me here." Mitch comments as they walk by the ocean, hand in hand. They had left their shoes in the car so they wouldn't have to carry them around.

"Yeah, you thought the ocean was mad." They both smile at the memory.

"It still seems mad and I don't trust it."

"Coming from the same person who doesn't trust geese."

"Those things are freakin' scary. They're like... violent swans."

"Violent swans sounds like a band."

"That can be our band name: Violent Swans featuring Angry Waves." Scott laughs at that.

"And who are the Angry Waves gonna be?"

"That can be Toddy and Kurvy. They can include Alpha Avi in the band if they want to."

"Ah, yes, because the Betas are the angriest of them all."

"Well duh, they're also not smart at all." Mitch adds onto the sarcasm.

"And uneducated."

"They both love girls, like us."

"We hate Spongebob."

"You're weak." Scott laughs.

"You're untalented."

"You're straight." This continues until they're both laughing too much to talk.

"I'm kinda sleepy, Alpha." Mitch tells Scott after they've calmed down.

"You ready to go home?" Mitch nods and they go back to the car before driving home. Once they get there, Scott sees that Mitch has fallen asleep in the car. He gets out and picks Mitch up bridal style to carry to their room, only taking off Mitch's leggings to sleep because he knows he likes to sleep with a shirt on. Scott then takes off his own shirt and climbs into bed next to Mitch, the latter subconsciously curling up into Scott's side.

Later that morning, around 7 AM, the Betas wake up. Todrick is currently making tea while Kevin was behind him with his arms wrapped around his boyfriend's waist.

"Tod, I have a joke for you."

"You've been spending too much time with Mitch. What is it?"

"A logician's wife is having a baby. The doctor immediately hands the newborn to the dad. The wife says, 'Is it a boy or a girl?' The logician says, 'Yes.'" Todrick laughs.

"Alright, that was pretty good." Kevin pecks Todrick's cheek and grabs his tea before going into the dining room with the other Beta.

"I just realized I never asked why you went to med school?" Kevin points out.

"I started my surgical residency at UCLA, but I told them I'd need a while off about a month before we joined this pack. They told me I'd still have a job there whenever I wanted to come back. You?"

"Same as you, I figured Scott would need more help when you guys first got here. You said UCLA, that's where I worked, too. What department?"

"Pediatrics. What about you?"

"General. What if we went back now? We're all settled in and we'd both have promised jobs to go back to."

"So much has been going on lately. Would we be able to even handle that?"

"We're Betas, we can handle anything. Let's talk to Scott about it and see what he thinks. Deal?"

"Deal. Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"You've mentioned it a few times. And I love you as well." Kevin winks and they carry on with some casual conversations until Avi and Kirstie walk out of their room an hour later.

"Good morning, smart ones." Avi greets.

"Good morning." Kevin and Todrick reply in unison. Kirstie sits down next to Todrick.

"How's Mitch?" Todrick freezes and takes his glasses off to look at Kirstie.

"Why?" While Todrick has forgiven Kirstie, he's a Beta that's what he does, he's still not very happy with her. Yes, he's nice and acts like nothing's wrong, but deep down he wants to go off on her.

Kirstie glances over at Kevin and Avi to make sure they're not listening, which they're not, "I miss him. And I know I messed up terribly and there's nothing I can do now but pray that someday he won't hate my guts, but I still care about him and Peyton."

Todrick sighs, "He's doing fine and so is Peyton. He doesn't hate you, Kirstie. I can tell he misses you and wants to be your friend again, but there's that small grudge that he's holding that's not letting him. Just, don't be overbearing to him, I'm not saying you are, but let him come to you in his own terms. He is a very forgiving person, be patient."

***

I figured I'd give you a little glimpse into what the pack is like when Scott and Mitch aren't around.