23

Wait guys I keep getting pregnancy ads everywhere now help what have I done?? I'm not pregnant nor do I ever plan to be pregnant.

Oh yeah, here's a sorta surprise chapter but I've been updating midweek a lot lately so is it really a surprise anymore?
***

"I wanna decorate the nursery before I get big so I can help more." Mitch tells Scott while they drive home. They had been waiting until they found out the baby's Rank so they could make that the theme of the room, rather than gender just in case the child grows up and doesn't feel like the sex they are biologically.

"That's a smart idea. But there needs to be a nursery existing in order to decorate it. A while ago, I asked Kevin if he would look at some houses in the area and he said he found one. So, guess where we're going now."

"The new house!" Mitch claps when Scott nods.

"And they already put in all of the furniture and moved the boxes so you don't have to do anything. Wouldn't wanna hurt little baby Alpha grape." Mitch giggles at that.

"Baby Alpha Grape. That can be its name."

"The fruit name should change every time baby gets bigger, though."

"Obviously." They laughs as Scott pulls the car into a driveway with three other cars. "Is this it?"

"It is. You ready?" He nods and they get out of the car and into the house.

"I love it!" Mitch says once they're inside. "Can I see our room?" Scott grabs Mitch's hand and leads him to a room upstairs. The room is already decorated with tons of pictures of the couple on the wall.

"I had Todrick decorate it because he knows you the best. I'm pretty sure Kirstie helped, too. But, I told them not to do the nursery so we could do it. I picked this house because there's a door that connects our room to the baby's." Scott leads him to the door and they step into the unfinished nursery.

"Can we paint it today, please?"

"Yeah, we can plan what color we want the walls now and go shopping for it later." Scott tells him, sitting down on the floor in the middle of the room.

"Oh right here, okay." Mitch sits down to face him as well.

"I was thinking maybe the walls should have to do with red because it's an Alpha."

"Yeah, but maybe not fully red. What if we made the walls white and the windowsills and door-frames red?"

"I like that, that's cute. What kind of red?"

"The color of your Alpha eyes." Mitch responds without any hesitation, making Scott smile.

"I don't know if we'll get the exact color, but sure."

"What color curtains? Our baby needs curtains so the sunlight doesn't disturb him or her too much."

"What if we did like a medium gray?"

"Alpha, you're so smart. This is why I love you."

"I love you, too, my angel. Should the dresser match the red?"

"I think so. That way it's not too many different colors."

"That's what I was thinking. So we do that and the crib could match the curtains or we could just get a regular dark brown one."

"Whichever is easier to find, either sound okay. Maybe we choose the cheaper one, too. He'll only be a baby for so long before she needs a new bed."

"Good point. Anything else?" Mitch shakes his head. Scott stands up, "Alright, wanna go now?"

"Yeah." He tries to get up on his own, but he struggles a little bit. "I need heeeeelp." He whines to Scott, who laughs and grabs Mitch's hands to help him stand.

"I'm dizzy, Alpha." Mitch tells him once he's on his feet.

"That's normal at this stage, love."

"That doesn't mean I like it." Mitch mumbles, rolling his eyes, which doesn't surprise Scott. He's been reading about it and at 9 week, they start to have more mood swings and/or irritability.

"Hey, don't give me that, I'm just trying to help." He politely reminds Mitch.

"I know that but my head hurts! and I'm dizzy and I'm mad and I don't know why!" Mitch tears up and covers his face.

"I know, sweetie, come here." He pulls Mitch into a hug and wraps his arms around Mitch, resting his chin on top of the Omega's, running a hand up and down his back.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, I didn't mean it." Mitch apologizes.

"It's okay, baby girl. I know you can't help it." They stand like that for a few minutes before they finally pull away. "Let's go summon a Beta and see if they can do anything about your head."

"How do we summon a Beta?"

"Like this. The pregnant's head is hurting, we need a smart person!" Scott calls as they walk down the stairs. They see both Betas and Avi stand up.

"I said smart people." Scott looks at Avi, who mocks offense.

"Ouch, Scotty Buckets. That one went right to the nonexistent heart." Everyone laughs at that and he sits back down.

"Headache?" Kevin asks, the couple nods. "You didn't eat that long ago, so it's not hunger. I can give you Tylenol if you want. Todrick and I already checked, it won't hurt the baby."

"Yes, please." Kevin goes to the kitchen to get him medicine and a glass of water.

"And you've been drinking lots of water?" Todrick asks while Kevin is getting the stuff.

"Yep! Alpha reminds me everyday."

"Good, keep doing that." Mitch thanks Kevin when he gives him what he needs. He takes the pill and drinks the water before putting it in the sink.

"Can we go now?" Mitch turns to Scott.

"Yeah, put your shoes on and we'll go." Scott grabs his own shoes while Mitch only has one in his hand.

"Alpha, I can't find my other shoe." Mitch complains when Scott's done. Scott glances at the door and sees the other shoe immediately. He walks over and picks it up to hand to Mitch.

"Oh.. I guess I'm just—"

"Having pregnancy brain?" Scott cuts in, knowing Mitch was about to insult himself.

"That's not what I was gonna say."

"No, but I'm gonna pretend that's what you were about to say so I don't have to lecture you about how you shouldn't insult yourself. Let's go shop for our baby Alpha. Bye guys, love you all." Scott dramatically blows a kiss to get a laugh out of Mitch, which works.

"Bye fellow Pack weirdos." Mitch waves as they leave the house. "What are we getting first?"

"I figured we could paint first so we don't get it on anything. We can buy everything else now, too and just keep it in the attic until we're finished."

"In case you ever forget, I wouldn't be able to help move stuff if I didn't have a human being growing inside of me, but I do so I have an excuse not to help."

Scott laughs, "I could never forget that, my love, don't worry."

***

Sometimes I don't wanna refer to baby as 'it' so I use masculine pronouns the first half of a sentence/conversation and then I switch to feminine pronouns or vice versa. This way none of you can figure out if baby is a boy or girl.

It would be weird if you did figure it out though because I don't even know baby's sex yet.