Knowing The Gender

Knowing The Gender

-6 months later-

Anna's POV-

It's been 6 months. There never went a single day without day dreaming about the peanut which was growing inside me. Sebastian's growing excitement is also another amazing thing to look at. My little peanut would go crazy as soon as it hear it's father's voice.

Today, we are gonna find out the gender. I know, we had a lot of fights over if we really wanna know it or not. But ended up agreeing on knowing it. Honestly, I don't care what the gender is, as long as my baby is healthy and all. It can be a boy or a girl, I can never love less.

But in the case of Sebastian, I don't know. It agrees on everything I say, thanks to my hormones. But I'm not bursting out on a silly matter, am I?

It's almost time for us to go to the hospital and my husband is taking an hour to gtt ready. My hormones are raging again I guess.

"Seb! Let's go! We'll be late for our appointment!" I called Sebastian. He came in the living room, looking pale. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What happened, Hubby?" I said playfully.

"Um...nothing. I'm just excited to know the gender" he smiled weakly. I got in my tip toe and brushed his hair.

"Then why so nervous?" I said.

"I don't know." said Sebastian. I laughed.

We got into his car and went to the hospital. Sebastian parked the car and then opened my door. He offered his hand and I took it. I slowly got out of the car.

"Careful!" said Sebastian softly. I narrowed my eyes at him. He's just too extra sometimes.

"I know!" I said. "You know you care too much."

"As if you don't like it?" winked Sebastian. I cleared my throat. Sebastian laughed.

We entered the hospital and went to my doctor's chamber.

Sebastian's POV :

Anna and I took our seats.I can't lie. I was excited as hell! I mean today I'm gonna know the gender!! Okay I can't lie I want a um. .. I want a girl. I love baby girls! They are so cute! But now I'm just hoping our baby is fine. I don't know why but I was sweating. Anna looked at me and smiled. I can surely tell she was laughing inside.

Soon 'Mrs. Annabell Davis Stan' was called. We got up. I got up first and then helped her to get up. She glared at me again. What? I am just being a bit caring towards my wife and child!

Anna's POV:

"Lay down here, please. " the nurse pointed me to the bed. I looked at Sebastian. He gave me -everything will be alright- look. I lied down on the bed and the nurse lifted my blouse and put some gel on my bump. Sebastian was just beside me. Holding my hand. He was sweating! God! This man is more nervous than me!

The nurse placed the  Sonography wand and then started to move it all over my belly. Our eyess were locked in the monitor. A tiny thing was visible. Tears started to blur my vision. I bit my lips to control it. Sebastian squeezed my hand. I did the same. Then the nurse stopped and whiped out the gel from my belly. Now she was looking at the monitor.

"Your baby's heart beat us just fine. I must say it's a very active baby. Do you want to know the gender?" she said smiling at us. I looked up at Sebastian. He helped me to sit up and nodded.

Suddenly I felt my heart beating madly. I could hear it drumming against my rib cage. I felt Seb and I was squeezing each others hands and his was wet.

"It's a girl!" said the nurse with a smile.

I felt tears rolled down my face. It's a girl! IT'S A GIRL! I grinned at Sebastian. He looked at me tears threatening to escape from his eyes, and the beautiful smile never left his lips.

"It's a girl! " I cried happily.

"Yeah!!!" Sebastian whispered happily. I think he lost his normal tone for the excitement. I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. Careful enough not hard as me.

"I'm so happy!!" I exclaimed on his chest.

"Me too!! I always wanted a girl!" said Sebastian happily. I losen my grip on him and looked up at him. With one of my eyebrows raised.

"You always wanted a girl?" I said in a playful stern voice.

"Um...Yeah..." said Sebastian shyly.

"You could've told me that!" I frowned.

"I wanted a healthy baby just like you. But i like baby girls" said Sebastian smiled sheepishly. . "Sorry for not telling you"

"It's okay. You're lucky it's a girl, or it would've hurt the baby's feelings " I said sarcastically. Sebastian laughed.

We thanked the nurse and had a quick check up with the doctor. Gladly my girl and I was just fine. We got into the car and Seb started to drive. Since we got the news that it is a girl. The smile didn't leave Sebastian's face. Not for a single moment.

"Do you want to go for shopping?" said Sebastian.

"Um...not today. I'm tired." I said. Then Sebastian took the road to our home. We got into our house and changed. When I came out of bathroom I saw Sebastian leaning on the wall facing me. I smiled. He came closer and pressed his lips against mine.

"I love you" said Sebastian while kissing.

"I love you too" I whispered and his forehead met mine. Then he went down his knees and touched my bump. Then kissed it. I smiled and brushed his hair.

"And I love you too, my princess" said Sebastian.

First published:17th March 2018

Edited:21st March 2019