171

Madeline's POV

"Danny told me..." he sighed as we pulled up to a stop light. "wait..im confused....when?"  i turned to him and asked. "Today.." he purses his lips. "so you lied to me about where you went?" i asked, trying my best to stay calm. "yes. but only because i didn't want you stressed out. i understand that just the mentioning of his name bothers you because of what he did.." Diego looks at me with pure sympathy. "what all did he tell you." i look out the window. "um..not much. but baby, it doesn't matter cause it's just me and you now. We've both made mistakes okay, let's just try not to make them anymore okay?" he grabs my hand and holds it in his as we pull away at the red light, changing to green. "okay" i smile. still feeling very unsure of what all Danny told him. 

***

"Hey babe, Summers going to come pick me up and take me to dinner okay?" i say as i finished pulling my hair up into a bun. "okay, I'll just order me a pizza or  see if Steven wants to go get something" Diego walks in the bathroom behind me. "okay. i love you, ill see you tonight." i turn around and give him a sweet, short kiss. "i love you too." he smiles while handing me my crutches. 

"get in the car bitch!" Summer yells as i make my way out the front door. "where to first?" she asks as i get in the car. "you know." i looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Mads...this isn't smart...lets just go get food and then have a girls night out." 

Summer tries to talk me out of what i was planning on doing. "No Summer. take me to the prison or ill find a different ride." i looked her directly in the eyes and she pursed her lips and pulled out of the driveway. before i knew it, we were in the parking lot of the prison Danny was currently sitting behind bars in. 

"why are you here Madeline, are you trying to get more time put on my sentence?" Danny muttered as i sat down at the table across from him. "no...i need to know what all you told Diego when he came and saw you earlier." i finally meet his eyes. his hair was shaggy like he hadn't brushed it in days and his face was scruffed of hair. "like what?" he smirked.  "everything Danny." i felt so uncomfortable. "does Diego know you're here doll?" he raised an eyebrow. "does it fucking matter? now just tell me everything you told him!" i snapped. 

"damn okay...i will...just chill first.." he leaned towards the table. "i told him how many times, where, and..." he smirks. 

"and what?" i grumble. "what you told me that night in my car...how you loved me and hated him for leaving you here." he pursed his lips. 

"i was drunk Danny." i roll my eyes.

 "have you never heard that saying where people speak their true feelings when they can't even feel?" he asks. 

"so you didn't tell him.." 

"of course not, I'm not that fucking evil." 

"do you even know what I'm talking about?" i crossed my arms.

"you're talking about our little trip one morning to the drug store to get that morning after pill?" he grins. 

"it doesn't matter if you did- I was just- it doesn't matter. i  was just wondering if you told him." i felt my face grow hot. 

"i know you probably hate me...but Madeline... do you really think you and Diego are gonna work out?" he asks. 

"yes. because we're getting married and we're going to live our life together happy without you intervening," i said before grabbing my crutches and getting up from the table. 

"Madeline." i hear him say. 

" i love you...and don't think that Diego or some bars are going to keep me from loving you," he says purely.