65

Diego's POV

I'm on the lower deck, near the pools, drinking any alcohol I can find in shops and bars.

I'm sitting by the pool, with my feet in the water, watching all the drunk people having fun and enjoying their cruise.

"you look lonely" a thin blond, girl sits next to me. she had to have been 17 or 18. 

"sorry, I'm not looking for company.." I get up and grab my shoes. 

"hey!" she gets up and follows me. 

" you look familiar..." she smirks. 

" do I? because I don't know you, and if I did know you, I sure as hell don't remember you." I say rudely, walking away. 

I kept my head down, until I ran into someone. 

" oh my bad dude, I probably should've been watching where I was going." I say, looking up at the tall guy with a faded beard.

"its okay, I was just coming down here for a drink, I just closed my bar so I figured I should check out these ones." he chuckles looking around. 

" well ill tell you now, theres nothing but drunk, old ass people and annoying girls down there." I smile. 

"thanks for the warning, where you headed?" he continues to talk. 

" pshh.. I don't know... hopefully my girlfriends back at the room..but I doubt it."  I say, very disappointed. 

" I hope everything works out, I'm Lucas by the way, my bars up deck if you ever want to stop by." he smiles and pats my back, walking away. 

I head back to the room and unlock the door. 

she's not here. 

I sit on the bed with my head in my hands. 

"I messed up ..." I whisper to myself. 

then, a flyer slid under my door. 

I walk over to the door and pick it up. it was a flyer for a show going on tonight. 

I figured,  I might as well go, Madeline might be going too. 

I put on my xanarchy hoodie and a beanie. 

I make my way to the top deck and there were thousands of people, sitting on blankets, towels, chairs and anything really. 

there was a huge stage in the center. I'm guessing thats where the show was going to be. 

20 or so hula girls walked on the stage. 

"tonight, we invite you on this long journey!" the one in the middle said, with a very strong accent. 

the girls start dancing a a big man, throwing fire in the air and catching it, walks on stage. 

they perform crazy ritual looking dances around him. but my attention gets taken away when I saw the lonely, beautiful, broken girl, sitting on a blanket that she brought from the house on the boat. she was sitting right on the edge.

god...how does she look so beautiful.... Ive torn her to pieces.. she deserves so much better. 

Madeline catches my eyes, looking at her. 

we hold this connection for what felt like all the time in the universe.. but was only atleast 30 seconds. 

I mustve stared at her longer than I thought, because before I knew it, the crazy rituals, dances and flame throwers were off the stage. 

"hello my fellow passengers." a man, mid-40's or early 50's stepped on the stage with a microphone.  everyone claps. 

" it has been brought to my attention by many of you that we have a special guest aboard this boat." he smirks. 

everyone whispers excitedly. 

"now, he's not at the top, but he's getting there. he's in the crowd, and honestly, I recognized him right away. my daughter is obsessed with him."  he continues as he chuckles. 

" his name is Diego, but he goes by Lil Xan! will you please come up here?" he yells into the microphone. 

everyones whispering loudly. some excited, some confused.  

I see Madeline look down at her hands when they said my name. 

I walk up on the stage and I look straight to Madeline. she meets my eyes, but in seconds, she turns away.  

the man hands me the microphone. 

"um hi..im Diego...well lil xan.." i chuckle. 

"would you mind giving us a little show?" the man says smiling. 

"sure. I don't mind." I say and I look out into the crowd of people. I noticed that most of the younger kids had left after the other show. thats good though.

the dj starts rolling HEARTBROKE. 

I smile because I knew this was one of Madeline's favorite songs.