98

madelines POV

" hey, wanna do a quick duet?" a tall guy, atleast mid-20s, with arm sleeve tattoos came up to me and smiled.  he was different. 

" sure." I smiled back. 

"my names James, by the way." he shakes my hand smirking. 

we were singing "Him and I , G-Eazy" 

 while we were singing I saw familiar face walk in. 

it was lucas. I couldn't help but smile, I looked to James as my part came up. 

me and James walk towards each other as we start singing. 

when James started singing I look to lucas, he was trying to find a seat.

he wasn't alone, I couldn't really tell who it was, they had a sweatshirt on and their hood up. he kept his head down. 

I keep my eyes on the kid. 

when I started singing, his head frantically popped up. 

and immediately stopped singing and dropped the microphone. 

Diegos POV

it was her. 

how come I didn't know she could sing? 

why didn't we ever talk about it? 

what is she doing here? 

so many thoughts were racing through my mind. 

I was so mad at her.... is this what she's been doing  for the months I was fighting for my life in the hospital? 

lucas looks at me and smiles, patting me on the back. 

we're looking into each others eyes. 

she walks off stage in the middle of her performance. 

dumbass. 

we meet half way.  we were inches apart. 

"this can't be real..." she looks at me whispering, as if she was critiquing me. 

she pushes the hair out of my face. 

my eyes travel to the chain around her neck. 

the ring. 

the whole bar was silent. 

" you're.. alive.." she says, looking me into my eyes. 

I was so fucking mad. 

I grabbed her hand and dragged her outside into the parking lot. 

" hey! that hurts!" she yells once we were outside. my grip around her wrist as tight as it could be. 

" WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MADELINE! FOR THE PAST WEEK IVE BEEN AWAKE. MATTER OF FACT. THE PAST FUCKING MONTH!" I yell in her face crying. 

" I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE AWAKE !!!" she starts to cry. 

" YOU IGNORED EVERY FUCKING PHONE CALL!"  I argue back. 

" I DONT HAVE A  PHONE I BROKE IT LAST WEEK!!!!!" she yells back. 

" WHAT ABOUT THE PAST MONTH HUH?" I push her. 

" IM SORRY BUT DID NO ONE EVER FUCKING TELL YOU THAT I LIVED BY YOUR FUCKING BED FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS!! I NEVER LEFT YOUR SIDE. I ATE MAYBE ONCE A WEEK BECAUSE I WAS TOO SCARED TO LEAVE THINKING THAT IF I LEFT, AND I CAME BACK , YOU'D BE DEAD! . I SPENT THOUSANDS OF MY OWN MONEY  ON YOUR FUCKING ASS! THE DOCTORS WERE GOING TO TAKE YOU OFF LIFE SUPPORT AND LET YOU. FUCKING. DIE!! I SAVED YOU!!! " she pushes me back. 

" NO. NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHING. BECAUSE I WOKE UP BEGGING AND ASKING WHERE YOU WERE. BUT YOU WERENT THERE. YOU GAVE UP ON ME. YOU WERE GOING TO LET ME DIE. YOU DIDNT EVEN FUCKING CARE ANYMORE." I push her hard enough making her fall down. 

she looked at me with pain in her eyes. 

" you have no idea....the shit I went through for you.... every day.. I thought of scenarios and ways I could possibly kill myself. BECAUSE I COULDNT IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT YOU. I CRIED MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT. "

" HEY ! WHATS GOING ON OUT HERE!!" lucas and James run out the doors to the parking lot. 

lucas and James look at madeline on the ground, then back at me 

she stands up and wipes the dirt off her clothes. 

"you have no idea...the pain..you put me through. you made me want to fucking die!  I NEEDED YOU SO BAD  TO THE POINT I HAD WISHED I JUST NEVER MET YOU!!!" she screams bloody murder as lucas pulls her away from me. 

james pulls me back. 

" NO! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE!" I push James off of me. 

"call  her brother. she needs to go home" lucas says to James in a stern voice as madeline sits on her knees in the parking lot, sobbing in her hands.

lucas walks over to me. 

" I'm taking you home..." he says angrily at me. 

last update for tonight! will be updating tomorrow!! goodnight everyone ! I love you guys :)