Prolouge

Megan's P.O.V

What could be better than the first day of middle school? I was told it was nothing like the movies. You know, where kids are shoved into lockers? I wore my usual black jacket and exercise pants, nothing fancy. I felt like a lucky kid at the moment. I planned out that I would sit with Jack on the bus, since we both rode bus 69. I didn't know any of the other kids on our bus, besdies a few kids from 5th grade that I never talked to. I knew alot if people, just never said anything to them. Once we arrived, my mind was taken away. Yeah I was here the day before for a schedule run, but it felt like the school was bigger. I pulled out my schedule. "E.L.A, I'm cool with that.." I muttered to myself, walking up the stairs to the room. As I was walking there I took a small amount of time to make 'landmarks' to help me memorize my way around. "Windows" I thought to myself. The back wall was bordered with large panes if glass. Those were my landmarks.

"Alright once I call your name, come get your locker info and stand in front of it in the hall!" The teacher announced, standing in the front if the room. Knowing it was alphabetical I was gonna be near the end. I wanted a top locker personally, then I won't have my stuff stepped on. Once my name was called I grabbed the slip of paper and went out to stand by my locker. "2769.." I muttered to myself while glancing over the paper. The locker had a pock on it already. I got my top locker, and the person below me was actually... As tall as her locker... Maybe a bit taller.. I wasn't implying she's short but, ifh never mind! "On the bottom of your papers there is instructions on how to unlock your locker, give it a go till the bell rings, about 5 minutes!" The teacher announced as everyone started fidgeting with their locks. Nothing in my life has been this hard. Of course the person below me gets it first try! "Here, hand me your paper real fast." The person below me says, holding out her hand. I have her the paper. She looked at the locker combo, then put her hand on the lock. "First you make a complete turn to the right." She stated, making that turn. "Then you land on the first number." She placed the dial to line up with the first combo number. "Then to the second." She moved the dial to the second number. "Then to the last and... Boom!" She moved the dial to the last number, pulling down on the lock and popping it open. She handed me the paper back. "Go ahead and give it a try!" She said, closing the lock. I tried the steps she gave me, getting help along the way, but I finally got it! "Nice!!" She said, giving me a high-five. We walked back into the classroom, just when the bell rang. Our E.L.A lasted 2 periods so we got a 4 minute break in between them. During the break, the person below me came up to my desk. "I'm Anna, nice to meet you!" She said, holding out her hand. Normally I would just give a nod, but something told me otherwise. She wasn't like the others, the others drifted away and became popular. I refused to hesitate. "Megan, it's nice to meet you Anna."