Richie removed the ribbon, looking at his name for a bit. "Eds, did your ma write this?" 

"No. It was me" Eddie leaned forward to look at his hand writing closer. 

"Well I'll be damned. Mine looks like magpie's toes" Richie rolled his eyes at himself, before ripping the package open, revealing a cardboard box. 

"Wowza eds. A box! I love it!" Richie yelled, making Eddie slap him in the knee. 

"The real gift is inside the box silly" 

Richie grinned and opened the box, landing his eyes on the clean, dirty orange american football. It was on it's real size too, not those smaller versions for kids. 

"Wowza..." Richie muttered under his breath, taking the ball out of the box and admiring it. 

"Do you like it? Is it bad? I can return it and give you something better?" Eddie crossed his fingers. 

"No, stop! I love this! This is great! I'm sick of those small replicas of this real shit! It's- wow, I love it, Eds! Thank you" Richie smiled and pulled Eddie for a hug. 

"You're welcome and don't call me Eds" 

"I won't, Eds" Richie smiled and kissed lightly Eddie's head, above his ear. "I love this" 

"I'm glad! I was so worried that you might not like it" Eddie frowned and stood up, Richie following. 

"Why wouldn't I like sports e-e-equipment?" Richie asked. 

"I dunno...You like many sports but maybe american football isn't one of them" Eddie shrugged and opened Richie's door. 

"I love it! And just call it football. There isn't any kind of other...'football'" 

"There's soccer. In other countries you actually call it football...which makes sense, since they actually kick the ball with your foot. Mean while in America...we grab it and run senselessly around the field, everyone crashing one onto another! It doesn't make any sense! Why would we call it football, if we don't even really use our feet with the ball! Like what is wrong with people! Americans are just stealing sports from Europe, but just changing the names! Why can't we call it handball then? Why does it have to be 'american football'? It's so stupid!" Eddie breathed out, taking out his inhaler and took a puff from it. 

"Damn Eds. You should be on a debate team. Those are some nice points" Richie grinned and tapped Eddie's rising and lowering back. 

"Are you alright?" Richie asked from Eddie who seemed to have trouble breathing. 

"N...No, I'm fine..." Eddie assured, taking out his inhaler again, releasing the trigger and shooting the mix of air and medicine in his mouth. 

"Come on...let's go eat and after that, we can argue about how we should call it handball and not football" Richie motioned Eddie to walk down the stairs. 

"Good idea...oh and please don't cuss on table...I don't mommy to freak out again and make us leave"  

"Since when have I done that?" Richie laughed a bit.