Chapter 3

WINONA'S POV

I came to school early to confront Lance but until now, he hasn't come in yet. There are a few of us here. Vivian is not here yet and as for Darren and Kevin, I expect them to be late. While staring out the window again, I think of the letter I got yesterday. If it was a prank, then I'm terribly gonna murder whoever is doing this to me. But if it's the real thing, then why did he/she sent me that queer message? I'm pretty sure Lance was the one who put the envelope inside my bag because he's the only one who weirded me out since the first day. But if it really came from Lance, why did he sent me that envelope? Does it connects with what he told me two days ago?

Trust no one and don't interfere. Don't let them kill you.

If he warned me then most probably he gave me the envelope as another warning. I must ask him later but right now, he's still not here.

"Good morning." I turn to see Vivian putting her bag on her desk.

"Hey... front mate." I smile at her.

"Front mate? Then that makes Nicole your back mate and Darren your right mate?" Vivian says. She then looks at me mischievously. "Hmm... right mate..."

"Yeah right." I roll my eyes.

Abigail barges in the room with a face that says she's very irritated. She's always irritated. She walks in the front and puts her hands on her waist.

"Who sent me a prank text yesterday, saying that Jennifer was killed and that she didn't commit suicide?" She asks us while her brow was arched.

"Abi, I received a similar text message, too." June approaches her.

"Sam and I also received the same text message yesterday." We turn to my back to see Nicole and Sam.

Soon, everyone claims they received a text message from an unknown number, telling them Jennifer was killed and she did not commit suicide.

"Did you receive a text, too?" I ask Vivian.

"Yeah but I deleted already. It's very creepy." Vivian tells me.

I bring my phone out and stare at it. I remember the message I received yesterday. I haven't read it yet. Did I receive a similar message, too? I nervously open the message and sigh in relief. It was a text from Darren, telling me to save his number. Then I wonder, why did I not receive a call or text?

"Now let me ask you again. Who sent the messages?" Abigail asks us. Everyone remain silent.

"Who sent the messages?" Abigail asks one more time, her hands still on her waist and her eyebrow arched.

"No one's gonna admit who sent the messages? Huh?" Abigail's patience is wearing thin already.

"What are you going to do if no one's going to admit?" We all look at the person who spoke. It was Celeste. Her voice was nonchalant yet very intimidating.

"I..." Abigail inhales as she tries to control her temper. "I will simply tell them to stop this nonsense before we all could lose our sanity here."

"It looks like you're running out of luck, Abigail." Celeste says. "It looks like the person or people you're looking for is not here."

"Not here? Then explain why is it that -" Abigail is about to say something but Celeste starts to talk.

"If no one's going to admit then it means no one's the prankster here. Why do you keep on pushing someone to admit something that they did not do, hmm?" Celeste says. "If, by chance, the prankster is really in our class, do you think he, she, or they will admit that they are the prankster?"