Chapter 18

KATEY'S POV

"Hey useless!" Francis puts an arm around me as he and Adrian stands by my sides. They have smiles that suggest something terrible for me. I close the book I was reading and place it on my desk. I quietly sigh as my heart beats fast. "The other losers aren't here so how about we make things interesting here?"

"We know you love interesting. Don't worry, you'll enjoy the most." Adrian whispers as he takes out a juice box and pours the contents on my head. The two laugh hard. I close my eyes as the liquid spills over my face.

I sit still, waiting for them to finish. I know I should be doing something but it's futile. I'll only get myself hurt. I can feel the sensation of crying but I try to control it. The more they see me suffering, the more they are going to bully me.

"My buddy Robert died and it was sad, but he's gonna enjoy seeing you with the soil used to bury him." Francis tells me as he splatters soil on my head. I can hear most of the people in the classroom laughing and the humiliation I feel is very heavy.

"Remember, you are a dirt. Just a tiny fucking dirt!" Adrian shouts on my ear as I cover my head. I can't control it anymore as my emotions fill up into me. I begin to sob and the sound echoes around the room.

"You should be the one who's dead!" Francis pushes me hard on my seat. I keep my balance so I'd still be on my seat. I sob harder but the laughter of my classmates is louder.

"Fucking stupid. Satan will fuck you in hell!" Francis throws to me the plastic used for the dirt. He and Adrian spit on me before leaving the classroom.

I bite my lip as I cry and contain my voice. I know I'll just get bullied again if they hear me crying loud. The first period hasn't even started but I already want to go home. But what is the difference when I'm home? I still feel alone and no one will eve make me feel like I have a friend. Maybe I am useless and stupid.

It really hurts that even I find myself weak. I just don't know what to do. Everyone is against me and I have nothing to do with it. It's like all the odds have been stabbed to me so I can feel the pain it delivers. All I can do is let it happen.

It's because I'm weak.

I slowly stand up while listening to my classmates. They are now on their own time as if nothing happened a while ago. It's always like this and I'm used to it. Everyone dislikes me. It's either I disgust them or they're afraid to be my friend since they might also get bullied. The people around me are demons and I learned to live with it. No one is going to help me from the hell I am suffering in now.

There's only one person who I know will stand up for me and it's Drake. I turn around to look at his desk and close my eyes in disappointment when I saw no one. Drake hasn't been going to school for almost a week now. It's sad that he's not here to protect me. I've grown dependent to him already.

I get out of the classroom, run towards the restroom, and lock myself in. I wash my face and damp my handkerchief to wipe of the dirt on my uniform. The soil has already stained so I just wipe until the lighter it gets. There were other girls knocking on the door but I did not open it. I need to be alone right now. I won't be going to my first period.

I look back at the mirror and fix my hair. I stare at my reflection as I brush my hair with my fingers. I look so weak and fragile. My eyes are still red but I did not dare to cry. I should not be crying.

I get out of the restroom and climb up to the rooftop. The morning air is cold up here. I lean on the edge and watch other students walking in the building. I even see my other classmates and our teacher.

"What's happening in our class is dreadful. The killers are tormenting us. One by one, we all will get killed." I say then smirk. "I don't care. As long they are dead, I'll accept death as a friend."