The Return

When I arrived at the Lockwood House with Mason, Tyler was at the front door, greeting guests. Mason's big jeep drove up to the front of the mansion and we stepped out.

"So the black sheep returns," Tyler commented on his uncle, although he could have said the same about me.

"Tyler?" Mason asked.

"Yeah," Tyler confirmed for his uncle. It had been a while since Mason was home.

"What happened to you? In my mind, you're twelve years old." Mason joked, he knew how old his nephew was.

"Then that's two years older than the last time you saw me, Uncle Mason." They hugged each other closely.

"Good to see you again."

"Wow, don't I feel left out." I commented from next to the jeep.

"Elena?" Tyler asked, getting me wrong.

"Wrong twin, my friend."

"Oh, my God! Nicole!" Tyler gave me a hug with a smile on his face.

"Hey Ty, it's been a while." I said while releasing him from the tight embrace.

"No kidding, a couple years or so, right?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about your dad, Ty." I put my hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"Thanks it's good to see you two. Come on inside." Both Mason and I walked into the house behind Tyler. I visited with some people before walking out onto the porch.

"I kissed you; I thought you kissed me back. Doppelganger hijinks ensued, and now you're going to ignore me? How's that supposed to make me feel, Elena?"

"I'm sorry? Do I know you?" I asked him, smiling a bit.

"And now you don't know me? Really, Elena? Really mature."

"Look I get that you're angry at Elena but don't do something stupid like confuse me and my sister. I'm Nicole, her twin sister." I tried to get across from him.

"You're scared. You think Katherine is gonna send me off the deep end, don't you? I don't need her for that, so don't pretend to be someone who doesn't exist."

"Seriously? Who's Katherine and when did my sister pick a guy who was mental?" I asked him.

"You don't have a sister, Elena! Get that through your head! Is it such a surprise that I would kiss you?

"Apparently it is." I started walking away when he grabbed my arm and stopped me from walking away. He glared at me.

"Katherine, what are you doing here?"

"Who's Katherine?" That was the moment a girl I recognized as Bonnie ran up to us.

"Elena! Katherine's here! She's with Stefan!

"I'm not Elena! I'm tired of people thinking I'm her!" I almost yelled at them.

"Nikky? Oh, my God! When did you get back?" she hugged me quickly.

"Who's Katherine?" I asked her when she let me go.

"That's a long story."

"Bonnie?" I looked behind Bonnie to see Elena.

"Elena?" she asked her.

"What are you doing with her?" Elena walked over to us and pulled her away from me.

"Nice to see you too, sis." I told her.

"Nikky?" I opened my arms to hug her and she almost jumped into them.