Chapter 5

The door to our apartment opened and Yas walked up to me.

"What's so urgent, sis?"

I sighed. "Sit down, you're going to want to." I laughed nervously.

Yasmin eyed me up. "Sis, I think you need to take your tablet." Nodding to my trembling hands.

I looked at her. "Yeah, okay. Give me a minute." I rummaged through my bag and I found it, I opened my bottle of water and I turned around, flicking my head back whilst swallowing the medication.

"Why do you do that?"

I turned around and I shrugged. "I don't know, Yas."

She opened her mouth to ask me another question but she stopped herself. I gave her an appreciated smile and I gestured for her to follow me.

"Rile, your scaring me. What's going on?" I turned to her.

"No matter what happened or who asks you about this you say nothing, okay? Promise me you wont tell a soul about this."

A wave of worry ran through her innocent face and she nodded. "I promise."

I opened the back door, walking to the rose bush mum tod me about. There was a layer of fresh dirt, I assumed that my mother had buried the money under.

"Riley, seriously. Tell me what the fuck's going on?" Yas was getting agitated, I let out a sigh.

"Yesterday I got called out of class to go to the police station because mum was there because she stole money from a billionaire guy, which is hidden under this rose bush, Yas."

I tried reading what Yas was feeling but I couldn't. I tensed my body as a wave of dread hit me, before I knew what was going on Yasmin was in my arms mid seizure. I sighed, I knew I should have told her when she sat down. I carried her back inside and put her twitching body on the sofa. I sat with her until she fell into a deep sleep. Her breathing shallowed and I could finally relax. I went to get up to retrieve the money but there was a knock at the door, I opened it up to reveal the beautiful raven haired, I smiled widely as I let out a deep breath.

"This is a nice surprise, come in." I opened the door fully and I moved from the doorway.

She walked further into the living room and saw sleeping beauty on the sofa. "School really exhausts her, doesn't it?" she chuckled to herself.

I gave her a small giggle. "Yeah, so does finding out that your mother stole money from a millionaire and she hid it under a rose bush in your back yard." I sighed stroking Yas's flustered face.

I looked up to an embarrassed Alexa. "Sorry, I didn't mean that- I didn't know you told her..." she looked away from me and I smiled. "Alexa, don't worry."

"Come on, lets go get the shovel and get this money." I demanded.

Alexa shifted in my direction. "Riley?"
I walked towards her forgetting that I hadn't show her affection yet. I pulled her wrist, she stepped towards me, clamping out lips to eachothers. She tasted different today, like oranges. I put my head on her shoulder feeling my strength rebuild.

I let out a deep breath. "You taste like oranges today." I laughed.

"Yeah, funnily enough, I had one before coming over." She smirked in sarcasm.

"Right, let's go find this money." I sighed.

***