Chapter 12

Riley's P.O.V

I looked over at Alexa who was giving me a ride to the dinner. I don't trust Leanne, there's something about her that sends a cold shiver through me and the raven haired felt exactly the same.

We pulled up outside the restaurant and Alexa turned to me.

"You ready?" she smiled

I laughed. "As I can be. I don't know why you told me to do this." I sighed

"She's plotting something and I want us to find out what it is, that's why I told you to do this. Plus she gives me the heebie jeebies."

I laughed hysterically at Alexa's wording. 'Heebie Jeebies' I hadn't heard that in years.

I coughed and primped myself up. "How do I look?"

Alexa frowned. "Shut it. Or I'll make you wear rags next time." She mused.

I smirked. "Jealousy's an ugly thing, Miss Scarlett, but it looks cute on you."

The raven-haired woman let out a loud laugh. My eyes lingered on her face, How could one person be so perfect?

"Riley?"

I shook my head. "Sorry, I got distracted." I blushed.

Shit, that's the second time I've blushed in front of Alexa.
Alexa grinned. "Okay but focus. It's just a dinner with your mother's public defender. Relax." She kissed my forehead and motioned for the door. I pulled her arm and she turned to me.

"A kiss for luck?" I asked grinning.

Alexa leaned in, the kiss was soft. She opened her mouth and I followed, she licked my bottom lip I let out a small moan as I pulled back.

"We've got to leave, like 2 minutes ago."