40 | all fall down

Start from the beginning

My mind was no longer clouded by the thoughts of ramming her face against the sink and I could think straight.

I remembered that I had wanted to talk to her. So that's what I did.

"Listen, Cindy. I came here to talk to you. But then—"

She snorted and pursed her lips at me as she gave me a bitch glare but I ignored her and continued talking.

"— but then you started spewing bullshit about Chance being yours. And let me make this 100% clear to you girl. Chance is mine. He's my mate. Moon Goddess destined us together and I am not letting you or anyone for that matter— ruin it."

My speech was cut off by her obnoxious laughter as she threw her head back and guffawed mockingly at me.

"Oh gosh! What did you say again?" She laughed, "Lord! You didn't tell me you were a comedian too, olive oil. I would have thrown some money at you for such an amazing attempt."

Her viscous voice returned in the end and my nostrils flared at the disrespect in her tone.

What the hell did she just call me!

"I am not money hungry. You are!" I spat at her but she dismissed me.

"And as of, Chance. I don't think I need to repeat myself by saying that I want him. And I'll get him. He's my key to power and vengeance. Ryder might be Gamma. He's powerful but not powerful enough for me. Ryder is not enough for me. I want a beta. And I'll get him. You wait and watch, Oli. I'll sweep him off his feet right in front of your eyes, and you'll be able to do nothing."

She ended with a malicious glint in her eyes and I felt my wolf pushing to take control all over again.

But I pushed her down as controlled her.

Why did she want the beta though? Why not the alpha? It didn't make any sense. Reece was single too...

"If I was you, I'd watch my tongue." I hissed.

"I should be saying this, hun." She sneered and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion but my fleeting questions were answered as soon as she opened her mouth.

"Ryder! RYDER! SAVE ME! Arhhghhhhh! Stop h-hitting m-me, O-olivia...w-what did I d-do, O-Olivia, p-p-please...." She let out pathetic cries and whimpers as her voice broke dramatically and she pretended to be begging for mercy.

My eyes widened and I gasped at her acting skills as she shouted some more and pretended to scream in pain. She fell on the floor in front of my eyes and cried out Ryder's name in pain.

"... Olivia please..." She fake sobbed, curling in a fetal.

She let out a blood freezing cry of pain but before I had any time to react or defend myself, the washroom door slammed open and Ryder rushed inside. He had a panicked look on his face as his eyes desperately searched the washroom before falling on Cindy.

His face fell and his expression turned into a pained one as he saw Cindy sobbing on the floor.

Or should I say, fake sobbing?

Because like, this woman was giving me threats seconds ago. And now she's damsels in distress?

Great. Just great.

Ryder rushed to her side and knelt to the ground.

"Oh Goddess! What happened? C-Cindy? Who did this to you, baby? Are you okay? Ohmy god! You are bleeding!" Ryder's concerned voice saddened me as I watched him fall for his mate's fake advances.

Cindy had managed to scratch and claw her face, making my attacks look more ferocious and mean than they were. Ryder flinched as he took in her crusty blood and red eyes and his eyes turned agonized.